POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm tempted to pick up the 2 pack Hot Toys Batman Returns set. It's $300 shipped with that sale. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I know it's not the most exciting set but $363 shipped for the Gordon Batsignal set is a pretty nice deal.

Considering Batman Returns single, and AoU Hulk single (but I might hold off and wait for the next version, hoping for ripped pants comeback with darker green, they have the Bruce Banner/Hulk combo but I remember those pants weren't the best for articulation, plus I like the angry sculpt more). DeLorean was sold out, unfortunately. I keep seeing two different prices, is one AUD and another USD? Or is one before the 20% discount?

What you're seeing should have the 20% off discount already. You might then see a little more come off once it realizes you're shipping to the US (as it then removes Australian taxes).

What you're seeing should have the 20% off discount already. You might then see a little more come off once it realizes you're shipping to the US (as it then removes Australian taxes).

Is it price tag in USD? Yeah, once I add it to the cart, it goes up, I'm guessing that's the taxes? It was a bit confusing, haha. With the shipping overseas, I think only a little bit is saved so I might pass, and just stick with the reward points from Sideshow's waitlist.

To be honest when you have an account set up it's not as bad as it recognizes where you are better and the prices don't fluctuate as much. I wish they just had the one currency and let the user worry about the conversion.

To be honest when you have an account set up it's not as bad as it recognizes where you are better and the prices don't fluctuate as much. I wish they just had the one currency and let the user worry about the conversion.

Oh ok, I was logged in with them all this time under my account there so I guess I'm seeing the USD prices then, haha. :hi5:

I picked up AoU Thor, which I was waiting to pick up with a discount, so was really happy about that.

Unfortunately a lot of stuff is still a pre order, like Ultron Prime and most of the other figures I'm after.

Couldn't resist the Murphy robocop set . At $358 shipped for a figure that's selling out stateside it's a win win .

I was doing the math, it's currently ($ 323 usd ) 28 % off US retail . Just could not pass on it . Shipping was $32 and conversion fees $3 . Was very suprised it was at retail

I'm doing the conversions on google and they seem off, I wanted to check with others who have ordered to see if they are correct on the site or not? With the 20%, the Batman Returns figure is $195.35 on the site, now is that the USD price or the AUD? Because when I add it to the cart, it shows as $177.59, so I'm confused at the two prices. And if I convert $195.35 AUD to USD, it comes out to around $145 I think, so I'm a bit perplexed at which price is right.

You should be able to see clearly what currency you're viewing things in at the top of the page.

The original USD price on their site for this is $244.19 ($330 AUD) then with the discount of 20% it becomes $195.35 USD.

Then when you put it in cart and select shipping to US it should remove the Australian tax (9%) and you'll get $177.

These USD amounts are estimates, when you purchase through PayPal it can be a bit lower or higher depending on PayPal's current exchange rate. And then if you pay with credit card vs bank or PayPal balance you'll probably pay international transaction fee.

I've had similar hesitations about ordering from them. My main thing is ending up paying more than I think I'm going to and getting stuck with a foreign transaction fee on my card or something.

With the whole point being to save a few bucks I think I've only purchased with bank transfer each time and usually only when they have one of these 20% discounts. I pre-ordered Boba Fett and have been waiting forever as they still don't have it in stock, will probably only order in stock items in the future.

I still have my old order from a few months ago (Vader, Nick Fury, Rey & BB8) that hasn't shipped yet, I'm not sure whether they're waiting on the Rey/BB8 set to be released and ship everything at once, or if they just haven't gotten Vader and Fury in yet. Looking at the total, I definitely would save a few $$ on Batman Returns & Hulk since both are on WL or Sold Out at SSC now, so it's still not a bad deal, just trying to decide if I should wait on a 3rd Hulk to be released and if I'll have room since BvS Supes is coming in soon along w/ my Spidey PF.

Popcultcha has several sold out figures available which I found surprising . The Arc Reactor Tony , hulk , bd Murphy cop set , and some others you need to look for . I bought the construction mk iii, peacekeeper, arc set , Han Chewie set from them when they were long long sold out. Point is, I love them

On a related note, this wait for Ant Man is killing me.

Back