POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got Hot Toys Darth Vader 1/6 heavily discounted from ThinkGeek.

He's listed at $299.99. Since it's the year of the monkey ThinkGeek has a % discount on all items.

Here's breakdown

$299.99
- $90.00. (Use code hongbao)
- $7.49. (used Ebates 2.5% off)
+6.95 shipping
$209.45 (approx total)

Hot damn, congratulations! :clap Alas, I'm still waiting on my PO with Sideshow. :pow

I was busy watching kids yesterday, so couldn't even check that e-mail until last night. But I've been on the look out for one of those periodic Think Geek deals for Vader. Oh, well. Probably never gonna catch one.

Just found a couple of other 1:6 Scale figures on Thinkgeek for sale.

QMX's Firefly Malcolm Reynolds 1:6 figure is $125.99 after discount (-$54.00):
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/inml/

ThreeZero's Mass Effect 3 Legion 1:6 figure is $132.99 after discount (-$57.00):
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ipph/

ThreeZero's Game of Thrones Tyrion Lannister 1:6 figure is $97.49 after discount (-$32.50):
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1e7c/

ThreeZero's Breaking Bad Heisenberg 1:6 is $112.99 after discount (-$37.50):
https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ikuk/

Use code: hongbao at checkout.

The Discount is_____-20% off $50+_______-25% off $100+______-30% off $150+
They also have some statues and NECA figures for sale too (including NECA's Aliens Powerloader), find them here:
Action Figures & Collectibles | Geek Toys | ThinkGeek

Last edited:
Considering C-3PO, great price. If it is still available by the end of the work day i will probably pick it up.

Thanks for the tip, wasn't going to get the Sideshow C3PO but at that price it seemed much more worth it. Almost pulled the trigger on the Ned Stark too.

Got my ThinkGeek shipping notice for Darth Vader today. Should be here in couple of days. Bought it yesterday and it's arriving within 5 days

Considering C-3PO, great price. If it is still available by the end of the work day i will probably pick it up.

Forget to mention, when i got home from work it was sold out. I guess the universe is just telling me to wait for the Hot Toys version.

Someone posted in the HT AoU Black Widow thread about a sale at Midtown Comics. AoU Black Widow is still available for $154 (plus ~$16 for shipping), and Gamora is $120 pre-shipping. There are a couple other HT figures with 30-40% discounts (more for something like the Chitauri), but the selection has winnowed a bit. ASM2 Spidey was surprisingly available for 50% off but is now sold out (I managed to get one of the last ones).

Midtown Comics has a deal where you get 20% off your first order using their app. I can get the hot toys Iron Man for over $100 off. Should I do it?

Midtown Comics has a deal where you get 20% off your first order using their app. I can get the hot toys Iron Man for over $100 off. Should I do it?

ok found the app, but it's not giving me 20% off. Is there a trick to it?

Last edited:
As you complete your purchase you'll get the 20% off but the shipping is way overpriced so in total it usually ends up being equal to 8% off with free shipping.

ok found the app, but it's not giving me 20% off. Is there a trick to it?

I couldn't get the 20% off to work either, and when I emailed about it, they told me that it wouldn't apply to my order since I was already getting 50% off. It does say that the 20% doesn't combine with other offers, so discounts may not stack; I didn't try it with anything that had less than 20% off though (it didn't work on Black Widow).

Oh yeah, they don't stack with other discounts. I think it has to be a full price item. I used it to get a Kenobi figure when they had him. It was basically the equivalent of using a $20 coupon from Sideshow (who also have expensive shipping).

I did the math, and after using a $20 coupon and getting rewards through SS, I would still be saving exactly $37 from Midtown.

Back