Pop Toys 1/6 Shadow Ninja Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the BBTS one come with the Liam Neeson head? The pictures or description don't seem to show it, just wanted to make sure. Does the mask go over his head?

Hey everyone. I'm looking for just the hood/mask from this set.

If any of you have purchased this figure -and have no intention of ever using the hood/mask - please send me a PM. I'd love to purchase two of these for my display.

Thanks!

Hi I'm new to this forum. I have this one on pre order has anyone here in the States heard any news to when he will be shipped? I've asked around noboby knows.

Does anyone know if the suit version can be still bought, or if there is a way to piece that one together?

Is this guy worth getting? I've only seen one review available for this guy and its from ClipperKing. He's appraisal is kind of a 50/50 so I'm on the fence with this and would really like to hear from some more people who have this in hand.

Is this guy worth getting? I've only seen one review available for this guy and its from ClipperKing. He's appraisal is kind of a 50/50 so I'm on the fence with this and would really like to hear from some more people who have this in hand.

Clippers review is pretty spot on. Pop Toys makes some really nice stuff. This set is well made but it does have its draw backs. The sculpt is about 85-90% there. I think the head is a little small. The sword is top notch and metal. The suit, boots and choice of fabric, which is Pop Toys' strong suit, are where this thing shines. The balaclava has a soft plastic mouth guard and the hands and sculpting of the armor looks really good. But the armor, sculpt withstanding, is also where this falls short. The armor probably needs more weathering but out the box it has a bit of a toyish look to it. In their defense, the armor looked kinda plastic in the movie too. The armor does restrict the articulation particularly the torso. But not too much anywhere else. As what's been mentioned, the chest and back armor are connected by plastic straps that are held on with some cheap hot glue type adhesive. The shoulder bells are attached to the suit the same way. One of mine came with one of the shoulder bells detached out the box. The straps on both were virtually detached as well but the armor still fits the body well enough that it doesn't slide off and is pretty tight to the body. The shoulder bells are also attached by threads at the top of the armor so they stay on even if the glue doesn't. The straps should've been made of leather. Overall, for the price, it's a well made figure but it's no Hot Toy.

^I don't mean clipperking's review is 50/50. Let me re-phrase. After watching clipperkings review I am on the fence with this figure. Looking for alittle more input to push me in one direction or the other. Are the wrist pegs easy to change out with HT wrist pegs?

The wrist pegs are not meant to be removed. I gave one of mine a pretty good tug, enough to separate the two halves of the ball hinge wrist peg, and it did not come out of the arm. I imagine you could get it out with more effort and possibly some heat but I'm pretty sure it's not meant to come out.

So can it be swapped, probably. It's just gonna take some force. Probably risking destroying the existing pegs or doing some minor damage to the forearm if not done carefully.

Might just be easier swapping the whole body out to a TrueType or a TrueType clone.

Thanks for the input Lee in MI. I may end up just getting a true type body to replace the stock one. I just found this guy on BigBadToystore for $138 shipped! What truetype do you think would work best for this, TTM18?

Back