Action Figure Pop Culture Shock Street Fighter Figures 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking the eyes could be like HT's PERS. Eyes seem to be separate from the sculpt. I know PCS has used a PERS-like system on their 1:1 busts. Just a hunch.

I hope so. It almost looks like the left eye is over extended and isn't symmetrical with the right. Could be lighting too.

I'm the opposite. The sculpt ruins it a bit for me. I passed on the 1/4 Ryu because of the sculpt as well, & this basically looks the same. I'm not saying it's a bad sculpt, simply that it's not in a style I want. But with figures, there's a chance a custom Ryu sculpt (or maybe even a 2nd head sculpt from PCS?) might pop up, so I'm still excited for this.

I agree. The sculpt isn't bad, but it isn't Ryu. It looks as if sculpter used WWE'S Dave Batista as an inspiration for the face. I don't know why, but SOT/PCS can never get Ryu's face right. I know ppl might say that Ryu is drawn differently in different media, but his different looks are somewhat consistent to one another if you get what I am trying to say. For instance, the MVC3 Ryu and the SF4 Ryu share similar facial traits despite being drawn a bit different.

Also, take your PCS Gouken avatar for instance. He looks like SF4 Gouken even if the sculpture art style is different than the art style in SF4. That said, I don't know why each time PCS makes a Ryu sculpt, he looks wildly different than the previous sculpt

Having said how we both aren't feelin' the sculpt, why does he look kinda good here? :lol

2014_SDCC_Misc_Preview09__scaled_600_zps211s7k9r.jpg

Lighthing? Low pic quality? Different sculpt?

I don't know what some of you are seeing...but to me, this is the best body sculpt I have ever seen on a 1/6 figure...bar none. I am strictly speaking about the body engineering and design. I have seen all the different body types and they all look like ****e compared to PCS.

I definitely like this body waaaaay more than how KidsLogic Akuma has theirs. Cleaner and better looking overall.

This body has advantages over the Kid Logic like butterfly articulation at the shoulders, toe articulation and a higher ab crunch/mid-torso articulation. The Kid Logic body is bigger, Gouki being taller, and has double jointed elbows which is always a plus. This body looks very nice and seems to be inspired by the Hot Toys T-800, namely the MMS 117. Not a bad place to start.

Looks great and will get, but is it me or does he have mutant looking feet:dunno

Ryu, Ken, Dan, Gouki, etc. always had big feet. It's closer to the game than to real life.
LOL i will have to look now when i play the game tonight, cheers for the info. Didnt matter really, i was still gonna get it :wink1:

The PCS Ryu body. I'm pretty sure we're in agreement that it looks good.

Having said how we both aren't feelin' the sculpt, why does he look kinda good here? :lol

2014_SDCC_Misc_Preview09__scaled_600_zps211s7k9r.jpg

Lighthing? Low pic quality? Different sculpt?

Lighting and perspective, imo. The eyes look wider and the nose doesn't look to have that button look that the previous images show. This is how Ryu should look since he never had narrow eyes nor a "button" nose - he is always depicted with strong eyes and a slanted nose that goes straight down. Now that I have seen this image, I think those are the problem with the sculpt, imo. If they fix it like it is shown in that picture you provided, it would look much better. If only they can fix the hair by making it less looking a mullet and it would be awesome!

10498690_681484905254876_1239862957103811091_o.jpg

See the head that is palce on the side? That head screams Ryu!

I don't know what some of you are seeing...but to me, this is the best body sculpt I have ever seen on a 1/6 figure...bar none. I am strictly speaking about the body engineering and design. I have seen all the different body types and they all look like ****e compared to PCS.

No one is complaining about the body. My initial post said that the body is better than the KL version.

That said, I wonder how PCS can do all the figures they promised us since Street Fighter is known for their characters having different body types. Considering how headsculpt and clothing are the most expensive part of a figure for being unique, how would making more than 5 different body types would work? I would think at least 7 body types for the males 3 for the females (Chun-li with a hip enlargement part and Poison can use the same body) would work without making the figures look very different from their iconic look. For instance, the Ryu body can work for a lot of characters including Dee Jay, Guile, and maybe Guy (if you don't mind a buffer version of him). However, it wouldn't work for someone like Fei Long?

Back