Statue Pop Culture Shock Street Fighter 1/3 Ryu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you order from Popcultcha here in Australia before the official preorder was open on PCS itself?!? How could Popcultcha guarantee that they would get one? And I thought PCS said it would not be sold anywhere except exclusively from their own website?

PCS gave 12 of each version to Pop Cultcha to sell, along with a few other internatiOnal retailers. They put them up on the website a few days ago and we're sold within a day. Didn't need to go live after PCS as they were already allocated 12 of each version. The bearded version was actually available for a few days.

PCS gave 12 of each version to Pop Cultcha to sell, along with a few other internatiOnal retailers. They put them up on the website a few days ago and we're sold within a day. Didn't need to go live after PCS as they were already allocated 12 of each version. The bearded version was actually available for a few days.

Interesting! How much were they listed for?

I can't believe the bearded version is still available in person it's going to be the most impressive one and it can go with the regular version as a battle damaged version. I hope Jerry does alternate head without beard. You never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for PCS pre-orders being an absolute frenzy, the fact that PCS allows you to transfer orders makes it too easy for flippers to make a quick buck. I bet if that option wasn't available these wouldn't sell out anywhere near as fast and you wouldn't experience any site crashing.

People have really caught onto these PCS pre-orders, guys who otherwise would have no interest in ordering there pieces. Some guy off this forum bought 4 of them...all straight on ebay.

Whilst I don't agree with it and I think it's disgusting, it happens in every hobby where collectible/valuable items are concerned. If anyone here collects highly limited steelbooks, you'll know what I mean lol.

For all three versions of Ryu, PCS stated at the checkout page that these were non- transferable.

I hope that it's their new policy for all their future pre-orders.

I can't believe the bearded version is still available in person it's going to be the most impressive one and it can go with the regular version as a battle damaged version. I hope Jerry does alternate head without beard. You never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No alternate heads. Jerry said he doesn't want seam lines

I'm pretty sure that was for the Evo set only.

That was only for the evo set

I see. I do hope he adopts this "non-transferable" policy to cut down on the flippers. Also, Jerry shouldn't announce the ES for his exclusive pieces. Think about it... if you like the character, the pose, sculpt and paint, then the ES shouldn't matter. You're buying because you want it for your collection and not because of greed.

I see. I do hope he adopts this "non-transferable" policy to cut down on the flippers. Also, Jerry shouldn't announce the ES for his exclusive pieces. Think about it... if you like the character, the pose, sculpt and paint, then the ES shouldn't matter. You're buying because you want it for your collection and not because of greed.

Thats true. But i ended up with 2 regular ryus and one battle, hoping i can trade 1 regular for an evil

:lol Yeah and then you'd have all the people that rant and rave about Sideshow not showing their ES, or making TBD, screaming "Show Us the ES". Followed by rampant conspiracy theories about how Jerry ups the ES because "reasons".

I think Jerry is fine, and I think the amount of Flippers, honestly isn't even that bad on these. More ended up in the hands of people who wanted to keep them than not by a wide margin.

:lol Yeah and then you'd have all the people that rant and rave about Sideshow not showing their ES, or making TBD, screaming "Show Us the ES". Followed by rampant conspiracy theories about how Jerry ups the ES because "reasons".

I think Jerry is fine, and I think the amount of Flippers, honestly isn't even that bad on these. More ended up in the hands of people who wanted to keep them than not by a wide margin.
I was speaking towards Jerry's exclusives only. He's been pretty good about keeping them at a low ES anyway. Far from how Sideshow handles their "exclusives". You can add up the number of regular AND exclusive with one of Jerry's pieces and the Sideshow exclusive will still outnumber that total. LOL!

There's no doubt more of these ended up in the hands of collectors who genuinely want to keep it vs flippers.

Interesting! How much were they listed for?

$1400 mate. If you got one direct you're all good anyway as I doubt you'd be spending much more. Are you on Statue Forum? PCS have a sub-forum on there, and Jerry gave us the heads up on Pop Cultcha getting them in before they went on their website. Pop Cultcha also sold some of the previous 1/3 statues in the past, in very limited quantities. Akuma and Scorpion come to mind. They come and go quick, so if you miss it you wouldn't even know it went up for PO.

I'm happy for non-transferable orders, but ES definitely matters to me, and a lot of others. I wouldn't buy an expensive statue that had no ES no matter how much I liked it, with the exception of Blitzway as they don't pump them out in ridiculous numbers like Sideshow do. We're talking about a $900 statue in the case of this 1/3 PCS piece, and if you factor in several of them, thousands spent. It's not exactly small money, and for most us it's a very large amount of cash to spend on a material item.

It's not about greed, but it's about peace of mind knowing that I can comfortably invest that much money into these things and know that if I ever needed to sell my collection for whatever reason, I could comfortably get my money back or close to it at least. I would hate to spend thousands on a statue collection, only for it to not even be worth the resin it's cast in. Part of the fun is also knowing that you own something that is sought after and valuable. For small and cheap items, I don't really care.

I'm happy for non-transferable orders, but ES definitely matters to me, and a lot of others. I wouldn't buy an expensive statue that had no ES no matter how much I liked it, with the exception of Blitzway as they don't pump them out in ridiculous numbers like Sideshow do. We're talking about a $900 statue in the case of this 1/3 PCS piece, and if you factor in several of them, thousands spent. It's not exactly small money, and for most us it's a very large amount of cash to spend on a material item.

It's not about greed, but it's about peace of mind knowing that I can comfortably invest that much money into these things and know that if I ever needed to sell my collection for whatever reason, I could comfortably get my money back or close to it at least. I would hate to spend thousands on a statue collection, only for it to not even be worth the resin it's cast in. Part of the fun is also knowing that you own something that is sought after and valuable. For small and cheap items, I don't really care.

Yup... and that's what this a collectible hobby.

$1400 mate. If you got one direct you're all good anyway as I doubt you'd be spending much more. Are you on Statue Forum? PCS have a sub-forum on there, and Jerry gave us the heads up on Pop Cultcha getting them in before they went on their website. Pop Cultcha also sold some of the previous 1/3 statues in the past, in very limited quantities. Akuma and Scorpion come to mind. They come and go quick, so if you miss it you wouldn't even know it went up for PO.

Wow, $1400!! I preordered and paid in full at USD$765, so add perhap $150 in shipping (if not more!), I should end up lower than AUD$1400 anyway. So glad I managed to get one! And yes I am over at the Statue Forum too, but never thought to check the thread since I thought PCS had said no other retailers would get it. Either way, I can relax now after that heartracing preorder minute lol

=koolkollectibleskhai;8574666]Wow, $1400!! I preordered and paid in full at USD$765, so add perhap $150 in shipping (if not more!), I should end up lower than AUD$1400 anyway. So glad I managed to get one! And yes I am over at the Statue Forum too, but never thought to check the thread since I thought PCS had said no other retailers would get it. Either way, I can relax now after that heartracing preorder minute lol
And it REALLY was a minute for the evil Ryu. For regular it was just shy of 3 minutes. The battle ryu took 9 hours to sell out lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Back