Poltergeist remake...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This looks terrible...

9c41f9c9f0d7f47bebb07f75b623ea46.jpg

Last edited:
I think the original had a good long run the past 30+ years. This one might not take the place of the original but it doesn't look like a bad remake by any means. It certainly has all the elements of the original in place and the little girl even looks a bit similar to Heather ORourke (except hair color of course). A remake or reboot MUST bring in fresh ideas otherwise you end up with something like the 1998 version of Psycho (being an almost shot for shot remake) with nothing really new to offer a story that has been already told. (Disney has been re-telling old stories for decades now but they always bring in something original with it.)

Who plays the teenage daughter? Saxon Sharbino? Heh heh heh.

saxonsharbino.jpg

(Google search reveals she's only 15)

Never mind. :monkey3

BTW, her younger sister played that crazy little girl, Lizzie, on The Walking Dead.

Loved the classic Film but this trailer I have to admit looks quite interesting. I'll probly watch it in theaters.

I find it amusing every year when people make a big deal about "Hollywood running out of ideas" because of this or that being remade. 100+ films are released and what 2-3 are remakes? Yeah clearly there will be no original films in 2015 because Poltergeist gets a reboot after 33 years.

The new clown doll has a pretty underwhelming appearance and isn't near as twisted looking as the original. The only clip that looks decent is the girl walking inside the pitch-black closet looking back at her bedroom, which appears to be super far away, and the closet doors slam shut & multiple sets of flickering eyes open… I see no sign of an excavated swimming pool, esophagus closet or '65' football jersey wearing mama rolling around on a ceiling and running down an expanding hallway… It's definitely a reboot with the same concept but I'm vibin' the story will be slightly altered. The medium character from the 1982 classic, Tangina, has been replaced by a man. We know this because his, "It knows what scares you", dialogue is included in the trailer. The house appears to implode (or explode), based on another quick shot in the trailer. It's definitely a darker looking picture, following the horror film styles currently trending (Annabelle acts Insidious when there's Paranormal Activity in the Oculus?), so no distinctive design here. The original Poltergeist had an uber-unique look and feel which has yet to be replicated. It was a mixed bag of frights, incorporating scenes that downright terrified (clown / invisible entities), grossed-out (steak / face tear-off) and left you awestruck (Victorian staircase ghost / doorway beast / Jerry Goldsmith score.) The reboot seems to follow the overused cliche where people move into house, because it's big and cheap, and things start going awry, a la Amityville. The original was smart as it discarded the old "Oh for pete's sake. Our new home is haunted!" storyline, by establishing that the Freeling's had inhabited the home for years before things start getting all bumpy in the night!

Thinkin' this will be an average film. Not terrible but nothing unique…

P.S. What's really missing in the Poltergeist remake? Jobeth Williams!
jobeth-williams 1.jpgJobeth2.jpgJobeth3.jpg

Back