POLL: Which Vader Do You Want Most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Version of SSC Vader Would You Like To See First?

• ROTS Darth Vader (w/ reveal portrait of crispy Anakin)

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • ANH Darth Vader (no reveal, of course)

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • ESB Darth Vader (with partial reveal of the back of Anakins head)

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • ROTJ (w/ reveal of Sebastian Shaw portrait)

Votes: 55 44.0%

• Total voters
I want them all of course, but with the exception of the PF Vader, his ANH version has never gotten the attention it deserves. Hasbro and Medicom have visited his ROTJ and ROTS versions, but even with imperfections, 1977 introduced the most imposing version of all. Give me the solid black without the chrome chest plate and the "red eye" lenses with the Jedi cloth vest layered over the armor. Nothing beats the first version ever seen on screen!!!

I never noticed too many differences from one vader to the next, but the iconic vader for me is the old school kenner toy! I would just prefer to get the glossy helmet on Vader, and from reading the previous posts, ROTJ is the way to go, with or without removable helmet.

I have to go with ESB, because it all around is the best vader.

Now you can easily include the reveal head, it wouldn't be that far fetched. Either make the helmet function (hey medi did it didnt they?) or have an alternate portrait.

The point is, he looked his best in ESB, armor, tunic correct etc etc, but also he had the best saber, the hilt from ESB is by far my favorite thats the version of Force FX i have. His ROTJ saber is butt ugly (considering its a mis mash of other junk since they didnt have the old saber) and his ANH sabers a more clunky version of the ESB one. Plus ANH hes all dingy and his tunics on the outside of his armor always bugged me.

If they make ESB i'll buy it and be done, even if it doesnt have fully removable helmet. I dont see the point in buying each movie version of him when they aren't THAT different, but if i had to choose one of the 3 ESB is the one.

nash said:
No reveal, but I'd like an alternate releaved head. I think the helmet was made to come apart, the scale would be way too big.

I fell the same way. No reveal, alternate head would be better, IMO.

I vote ANH.
It's the meanest looking incarnation, all ready to get medieval on everybody's punk ass!
He force chokes people who cross him, tortures his own daughter, crushes windpipes and breaks necks with his own bare hands (just to show you he can get personal if he wants to), stands up to the bastard who left him burning alive, flies his own fighter vaporizing puny rebels and almost singlehandedly saves the empire by killing his own son. If it weren't for that softy of a so-called-smuggler...
He's all dingy and grumpy, probably old and tired of slaughtering jedi across the galaxy, a mean and brutal old man.
Awesome.

abake said:
I vote ANH.
It's the meanest looking incarnation, all ready to get medieval on everybody's punk ass!
He force chokes people who cross him, tortures his own daughter, crushes windpipes and breaks necks with his own bare hands (just to show you he can get personal if he wants to), stands up to the bastard who left him burning alive, flies his own fighter vaporizing puny rebels and almost singlehandedly saves the empire by killing his own son. If it weren't for that softy of a so-called-smuggler...
He's all dingy and grumpy, probably old and tired of slaughtering jedi across the galaxy, a mean and brutal old man.
Awesome.

I agree. I like ANH Vader as well. His "dingy" appearance made him look more active -- like a warrior. I like ESB Vader too, but he does seem more like an overlord there, relaxing in his chair and giving orders. ANH Vader never sat. Never rested. Always on the move. Always fighting. He seemed angrier. More of a henchman I guess, while ESB Vader seemed to have been promoted to 'super villain' status.

I would go with either ESB or ROTJ. I just never cared for the cape over the shoulder pads look.

Bannister said:
I would go with either ESB or ROTJ. I just never cared for the cape over the shoulder pads look.

Yeah, that seems to be a bone of contention for a lot of people. I like the robes-over look -- more Samurai warrior.

Obviously I'm in the minority as the 3 other versions of Vader all have the robes under the armor. He does look more mechanical that way. I guess that's the idea; and it does make more sense with the character/theme.

At the end of the day though, I always consider ESB Vader to be the official definitive look for Vader.

I want Crimson Vader to go with Crimson Commander Cobra.

I'd go with ESB after ANH...

I honestly don't know if I really want a "reveal" Vader, be it ROTS or ROTJ...for display purposes. I want Vader fully armored, showing no "weakness" as it were...:vader

I'd go with ESB after ANH...

I honestly don't know if I really want a "reveal" Vader, be it ROTS or ROTJ...for display purposes. I want Vader fully armored, showing no "weakness" as it were...:vader

Same always wanted ANH be it SS or Medi and SS made it first so...

ROTS!!! I want a shiny Vader!!!

And maybe a battle damaged from from The Force Unleashed...

I'd most like the Shaw version, but wouldn't mind if they bypassed the likeness issue all together and did a properly aged Hayden instead.

Back