POLL: Dolls? Action Figures? Poseable Statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1:6 scale figures... What are they?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Captain Aldeggon said:
I was going to put that I don't care (what's in a name?), but I don't hate Bannister so I voted action figures. But really, are we so caught up in semantics that we have to get all in a huff over some unimportant nomenclature? I just play with them is all. :rolleyes:
Watch your language! This is a family forum!

:lol

action figures and poseable statues are both oxymorons btw.

I voted action figure. Poseable statues is what McFarlane makes. Dolls is what Barbies are. 1:6 figures are big action figures with removable clothes. Besides, dolls never have their clothes on. Have you ever seen a six year old with a Barbie that still had clothes on that didn't just come out of the box? I haven't.

I personally call them 1:6 figurines. That makes them sound fancy. :D

Buttmunch said:
I voted action figure. Poseable statues is what McFarlane makes. Dolls is what Barbies are. 1:6 figures are big action figures with removable clothes. Besides, dolls never have their clothes on. Have you ever seen a six year old with a Barbie that still had clothes on that didn't just come out of the box? I haven't.

I personally call them 1:6 figurines. That makes them sound fancy. :D

I always knew I liked you. :D

Depends on the MFR. SS, Hot Toys, and Medicom make great action figures. Hasbro makes toys.

I think this was already covered but...

Babs is sometimes an action figure that is called a doll, but she is clearly sometimes an action figure -example: Elektra.

The Bild Lili design that inspired Babs was different than previous incarnations of "dolls".

Barbie may be the world's first deliberately misnamed figure. While of a doll type, she is clearly not in the mold of previous dolls.

I have to agree about McFarlane. Poseable statue is about the only name that can apply. Certainly not a doll.

1/6 is also in question. Only some of the more recent Sideshow figures are 1/6 scale. Consider that SMG is around 5'3" yet her figure is around 5'9" Not exactly 1/6*.

Not forgetting that Luke "aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper" Skywalker is now 6' tall! :rotfl

Here are some suggestions for terminology based on actual defintions:

Action figure -Fully Poseable (arms legs etc) figure capable of active(combat etc) poses.

-Doll type - cloth clothing
-Toy Soldier type -molded clothing

Doll

-Mannquin type -actual fashion doll
-Toy type -baby dolls

Poseable Statue -moderately poseable (6 pts or fewer) figure with limited mobility without cloth clothes.

The poll question is flawed and is really unanswerable.

*The new DML-style figure BVS figures put her at 5'6"

WOW! I'm surprised that most pollsters went with dolls. I guess they are secure in their sexuality to overcome the stigma that dolls are for girls. Unless of course some are girls.

For those pollsters...I have a nice pink teaset from my little niece for sale. Be sure to raise your pinky while sipping that imaginary tea now!!!

:lol :lol :lol :rotfl :lol :lol :lol

customizerwannabe said:
Why you selling it? Are you bored with it already?:lol Flipping pink tea sets...what's next??!

I have it because she asked me to sell it. She's 6 and she's already tired of tea sets and her.....dolls. hahahaha :rotfl

Just admit you love that tea set :rotfl

;)

Who cares what people think , just think "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" lol

Back