POLL - Cable, Dish, or Direct TV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POLL - Cable, Dish, or Direct TV

• Total voters
Stick with Cox, drop G4.

apparently you don't watch Attack of the Show Nick.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/R-XMtdBENRo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/R-XMtdBENRo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

HINT: advance to 1:41 if you're in a hurry, or enjoy the whole show.

Direct TV. most cable HD pictures suck compared to Direct TV and DTV blows away dish IMO.

i have Dish nad have never had a problem i have a Full HD package with HBO Cinemax and The Movie Channel and Starz. We ahve two HD/DVR receivers and pay $110.00 per month. No internet with it though so that'll cost you more and i was only able to get another HD/DVR box after a year with them (they did a good cust upgrade for free) but one box covers two rooms.

DirecTV is what I have and what I voted for (duh!).

I have a brother in law that had cable and finally switched to Dish because he was fed up with his cable bill. Now he's fed up with dealing with Dish Network and their horrendous customer service.

Some people are probably going to say they haven't had any issues with them and I think that's great...it's not going to happen to everyone. However, I have heard from a lot of people that Dish is constantly a pain in the @$$ and some of the stories my bro in law has told me has made me keep clear of them.

We have had no problems with DirecTV besides mild increases in our cost over the years. It's expected, the price of everything goes up.

I will say this, if you have a friend or family member that has it currently, see about any deals you might get by telling DirecTV that they referred you. Sometimes they run deals where BOTH people get like $50 or something for a new account/referral set up.

i'm thinking of switching from comcast to directv. i've heard only good things from people in my area and i hate comcast.

my only question is that i record a few programs when i'm not home. not many. i don't want to pay for Directv's DVR reciever and the monthly DVR fee they charge cuz i basically just record about 2 programs during the regular TV show season and then only if i'm not home. i'm wondering if it is possible to set my own DVR to timer record programs from the sattelite receiver? or won't this work?

Well we are really getting fed up with Time Warner digital cable, their customer service, pricing, but specifically their DVR service just sucks and is annoying and aggravating the he** out of us...

When ever we watch a recording on our DVR and when we rewind or forward, the damn thing either skips all the way to the end or beginning of the recording, it doesn't happen everytime, but it is happening more often...We have already switched out for a new box, and they tell us that it's a glitch in their systems that they are trying to work out, but it's been going on for almost a year now...So yeah...I just wonder if any other Time Warner customers are having this prob with their DVR service...

I said Cable. I dislike Dish. When it rained the dish would go out. That was not fun. I prefer cable and will never go back to dish. If everyone else likes it, excellent. :)

Back