Media Pokémon GO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_2016-07-25-07-00-09.jpg
I didn't grow up with pokemon but this game is addicting. My son got me into this. Caught Pikachu 4 times, and 3 times he got away. First time we did not have pokeballs, the second time I used 5 or 6 great balls and he escaped all and ran away, the third time my bag was full and when I tried to transfer my extra pokemon and went back to check Pikachu was already gone.

I downloaded this 2 weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. The wife suggested it and we've been going out most nighst with our daughter and playing. I have quite a few stops around me as I'm at a University and there are some pretty good spots around town.

Approaching level 21 and only a few magikarp away from evolution :rock

Damn... I'm like 10th of the way :lol I've got a better chance of finding one in the wild than getting enough of these ****ers :lol

I still haven't seen him.

My wife has caught 3; I've seen 2 but only caught one. I was out of pokeballs when I saw the first one and my heart sank :monkey2

My top two, and then a firm favourite. Squirtle is such a rare find, so powering up Blastoise is taking some time.
image.jpeg

He's actually not that rare.

In my city it seems to spawn around the same spot at least once everyday. Haven't seen it spawn anywhere else. And yesterday I was able to catch it, although a weak one

I came across a good tip for leveling up yesterday. Basically while using a magic egg go through your collection and evolve as many of your common Pokemon as possible.

So in my case (and I'm guessing most others) I have a ton of Pidgey, Zubat and Rattata candies and for each one you evolve you get 500XP, but if using a magic egg that is doubled to 1000XP. So yesterday, while sitting by an active lure I evolved like 20 Pidgeys, and a bunch of Rattatas and Zubats I had gathered earlier in the day, in between capturing new ones that popped up from the lure. Just from evolving Pokemon I added 30K+ XP over the course of a half hour.

And even after all of that I still have close to 400 Pidgey candies left :lol

Last edited:
Damn! I am in London next weekend. Looks like I will be taking a detour to Holland Park :)

image.jpg

From everyone I talk to here, he is in the wild. Most have never seen him, though a few have seen him once. But apparently commonality varies from place to place. But of course you can get him as a starter, or hatch him from an egg.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Guess it varies. I've seen him a fair bit and caught him each time.

View attachment 280754
I didn't grow up with pokemon but this game is addicting. My son got me into this. Caught Pikachu 4 times, and 3 times he got away. First time we did not have pokeballs, the second time I used 5 or 6 great balls and he escaped all and ran away, the third time my bag was full and when I tried to transfer my extra pokemon and went back to check Pikachu was already gone.

So. You caught him once then? :duff

We're you expecting this? XD
945af26c3bd08661268fae6150494d17.jpg

:lol

Nice.

Back