Media Pokémon GO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only problem is that I live out in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing good to catch :/
I go running with my phone as a music player, and saw zilch every time I kept checking my phone during my run last night. When I got back home, I restarted and some things did appear at the park down the street from my house, but not much. So, not really sure how this works yet. In my office there is stuff all over, but I can't go walking down the street during work hours for this.

Last night I did see a woman and 4 kids walking down the road, while the woman kept glancing at her phone. I thought she could be playing this, but knowing how people are with phones, it could have been anything.

A WHAT fan? :lol

And it's no big deal to me. Just can't believe how quickly and easily people jump on a new fad for a while and then on to the next fad. From what I've seen of this, it's just stupid in my opinion, but people are free to do it if they please.
Novelties and fads have always been around in modern times, and always will I supposed. Diets, music forms, self help psychology, wacky splinter religions, etc. You could make the same argument for technology in general given how fast things move. I have probably the best phone available right now, but in a year it will be second rate, and in two years some will consider it obsolete.

https://gizmodo.com/isis-will-use-pokemon-go-to-murder-innocent-christians-1783680507

kkw2fmtgxtbddqkh9b5q.gif

Novelties and fads have always been around in modern times, and always will I supposed. Diets, music forms, self help psychology, wacky splinter religions, etc. You could make the same argument for technology in general given how fast things move. I have probably the best phone available right now, but in a year it will be second rate, and in two years some will consider it obsolete.

It'll pass that's for sure, I don't see people in a couple of years still driving around to hit Pokestops and getting fanatical about it so they fall off cliffs or get hit by cars. But I'll enjoy it for now, it's been a fun bonding experience and I've met more neighbors in the past week than I have in the past 10 years :lol

pokemon go has done more in 1 week than the franchise has done in 10 years.. i don't see sun/moon doing well

pokemon go has done more in 1 week than the franchise has done in 10 years.. i don't see sun/moon doing well

The handheld games do phenomenally. If GO keeps it up, sun/moon will do phenomenally...er.

Speaking of sun/moon...I'm not feeling it with the starters, but I'll still play the crap out of them.

As for Go...I joined mystic. What about everyone else? Currently lvl10 and have over 50 Pokemon.

I remember people calling Pokemon a fad when the original game boy games came out :lol South Park even had an episode back then and they called it a fad.

I seem to catch a lot of Pokemon in my bathroom while on the toilet. The weird part is, there are rarely any on my side of the street. They all seem to congregate on the other side of the street. But when I'm in the bathroom my avatar likes to walk across the street for a few seconds and it triggers Pokemon appearing.

13694077_10100323603250262_1417330698_o(1).jpeg

The handheld games do phenomenally. If GO keeps it up, sun/moon will do phenomenally...er.

Speaking of sun/moon...I'm not feeling it with the starters, but I'll still play the crap out of them.

As for Go...I joined mystic. What about everyone else? Currently lvl10 and have over 50 Pokemon.

I got 2 games, one Blue, one Red

I'm fine with Mega evolutions, mostly because it turned one of my favorites (Kangaskhan) into an absolute beast. :p

Back