Media Pokémon GO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not what I was expecting. :mad: I guess I may have a shot at fully evolving Charmander though, which is the only thing I'm looking forward to for this event.

You get a single use incubator every day until the 30th-ish. Then they increased the encounter frequency of the starter evolutions from the 30th-ish until the 4th-ish - and then they'll increase the hatching frequency of a Gen 2 on the 30thish. I'm off on the dates, I'm sure.

Long story short, no double XP. No double stardust. No double candies. It's ridiculous that they felt this would be a great holiday event.

I'm happy about the incubators 'cause I walk a lot.

Also, now I finally got a Charmander! Was never able to hatch one or find one in the wild. So I'm quite happy that now I can fully evolve Charmanders and Bulbasaurs.

Finally evolved my Wartotle into a Blastoids. And I did hatch one of the new babies (I think I hatched whatever transforms into Clefairy).

I've completed the EU DEX and only have Magby to go for the Gen 2 Babies.
- I've got Togepi set as my buddy and on my way to 50 candies for the Togetic evaluation :woo

I liked the Starters event, for me it was a nice last hurrah for Gen 1 before we get Gen 2 and (hopefully) Niantic up their game for 2017 with more updates and in game improvements (i.e PVP)

ALL babies can be evolved. Some more so then others (as the 3rd evolutions didn't come until later on in the franchise):

Cleffa -> Clefairy -> Clefable

Igglybuff -> Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff

Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu

Smoochum -> Jynx

Magby -> Magmar

Elekid -> Electabuzz

& Finally - Togepi.

I've put Togepi last as this is technically the only baby Pokemon that will evolve into a new Pokemon, but all babies are /new/ and once hatched will increase your Dex size significantly.

Togepi -> Togetic

Hope that helps.

I finally found a Lickitung. Wish I could get a Lapras.

It's not the only way, but hatching is your best hope. I've only had one, but I know others with 3 - 4. It's crazy how things play out.

I didn't see my first Lappy until LV30 and since then (LV34 now) have seen a further 6, they are so rare, but I'd still argue Porygon is harder to find in the wild. I've only ever seen 1 :thud: and hatched another.

Another contender would be Muk, however I understand these are probably a lot more common in mega cites (or so I'm told).

For me:

Dragonite: Seen 7 caught 6
Lapras: Seen 7 caught 7
Porygon: Seen 2 caught 2 (one was an egg) / Muk: Seem 1 caught 1 (evolved from grimmer candies)

I didn't see my first Lappy until LV30 and since then (LV34 now) have seen a further 6, they are so rare, but I'd still argue Porygon is harder to find in the wild. I've only ever seen 1 :thud: and hatched another.

Another contender would be Muk, however I understand these are probably a lot more common in mega cites (or so I'm told).

For me:

Dragonite: Seen 7 caught 6
Lapras: Seen 7 caught 7
Porygon: Seen 2 caught 2 (one was an egg) / Muk: Seem 1 caught 1 (evolved from grimmer candies)

At least you can find a Dragonite and Grimmer. I can't find either one. :(

I've hatched around a dozen eggs in the last 2 weeks and haven't gotten any of the babies. I did get enough Pikachus to evolve a Christmas Pikachu into a Christmas Raichu. I almost got enough Charmanders to evolve one to a Charizard but fell short. At least I won't have much more to walk to get the rest of the candies to do it.

I was wondering if that would happen. Now I will try it as well. Cool.

Hopefully it will still work. They dropped the ball not having a New Year's Eevee with party hat. :lol

c97489eccb8b7e170dc2f481320c2cf1.jpg

Thank you! Could not remember the name for the life of me. Also hatched a Togepi yesterday. Very happy about that. :)

NP :)

I have Togepi as my buddy, currently on 104 km equalling 36 candies - Still a long ways to go until 50 :thud:
- Hopefully I get another in my next batch of 5K's :pray:

Hopefully it will still work. They dropped the ball not having a New Year's Eevee with party hat. :lol

c97489eccb8b7e170dc2f481320c2cf1.jpg

If you have the Christmas Pikachu then it will retain the hat now the event has ending. This means you will also be able to evolve and have your post-Christmas Raichu :woo

We almost never see Pikachu here, so I went on quite a mission to acquire as many as I could and get as close as possible to the 300 Pikachu medal :)panic:)

2017-01-09.jpg

Now on 767 candies.. :monkey3

IMG_3433.JPG

Had this cool glitch encounter last night heh
- Aptly named, unfortunately the sprite image reverted back when I opened the application this morning :(

Still, HAIL Glitch Eevee :bow

Back