Action Figure PMC Gun Truck for 1/6 Military

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8-bit commando

Super Freak
Reaction score
TEASER

P14772221.jpg

PMC-truck by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

SAND BLASTED & (almost) READY FOR ACTION ;)

the actual truck is a new bright that scales very nicely for a generic pickup truck. though, if one starts splitting hairs over the scale compared to an actual 1/6 scaled RAM1500 Tradesman, then the scale is off. the ford raptor that was just released by new bright is TOO SMALL and looks too specific. the only other drawback to this particular new bright model is a lack of an interior. i find this isn't a problem when the vast majority of interesting interaction will be taking place in and around the truck and inside the actual gun tower. the windows have been treated with extra environmental effects and the illusion of 5% tint. i'm always looking for new bright vehicles that have a scale that at least 'feels' right. for example, a past Escalade release from new bright was actual scale - that could make a nice vehicle for a warzone diplomat to ride around in, flanked by gun trucks.

i have already done a full paintjob and weathering session(s) to the new bright stock vehicle. i also added an IED Bomb Tripper to the front assembly. as well, a radio antennae was created and installed to the front assembly. the gun tower is a full scratch build of balsa foam, foam core, styrene, etc. the signage was created by myself from reference in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop. the truck tow rope & chain is another addition. the final scratch built piece are the mud flaps emblazoned with armorgroup (subtlety). i rounded off the build with a ZY Toys M2 .50 Cal. MG.

i need to a bit more armor around the M2 mount and some odds and ends (signs of life, trash, water bottle, backpack, PMC gun operator, etc.)

the build still retains full RC functionality.

i plan on selling these. the beauty of a PMC truck is that the designs are never quite the same. gun towers come in all shapes and sizes for example.

as well, these pack up nicely in the new bright boxes they ship out in and despite the additions, weigh a neglible amount for shipping & handling.

i will post the full build with many more photos in due time - hopefully by the end of the week.

Wow really cool looking truck, looking forward to more pics!!! How much was the truck orginally?

Great work man.

Nice one man!

Wow very cool man

Pretty damn cool looking technical.

sweet!! great job

Wow really cool looking truck, looking forward to more pics!!! How much was the truck orginally?

thanks a lot fellas! appreciate the kind words of support.

skull, i picked this up for $59.99 at overstock.com, but i think they're tapped. i've seen it priced from $59.99 to $199.99.

---

just need to up-armor around the gun mount and the aforementioned odds & ends.

here's another teaser from the old iPhone...

PMC-truck-2 by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

Looks great! You really brought some life to that.

I've got one of the New Bright trucks that I want to do an AT theme with. Might have to get my 6 in gear and do that.

John

Looks great! You really brought some life to that.

I've got one of the New Bright trucks that I want to do an AT theme with. Might have to get my 6 in gear and do that.

John

you should! new bright makes some pretty sick base model stuff to work from. thanks man :)

if you don't have the time..., lemme know if you'd rather have somebody el$e do it for ya ;)

take care man!

Back