Plo Koon ROBE FIX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Plo has the potential to become one of the finest looking Jedi SSC has made till now. That's quite an achievement for a non character... I still think the lightsaber gauntlet was the wrong choice for the exclusive item. As a weapon, it's just a stupid idea, bound to kill or hurt the person that wields it sooner or later. But there wasn't much other choice, with Plo being a secondary character?

Yeah, I can see Plo turning out to be one of the better looking Jedi figures in this line. The detail in the face and the correcting of the robe really will help elevate this figure.

I wonder if Plo would have sounded like Darth Vader? Could be a way for Anakin to honor him even after death? I just imagine that breathing mask would make him sound similar at least.

Could. I wonder if there has ever been anything said on what kind of Language Plo Spoke.

jlcmsu said:
Could. I wonder if there has ever been anything said on what kind of Language Plo Spoke.

English of course. They all at least understand it :D You could always say his mask translates his native language into English anyway.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Plo has the potential to become one of the finest looking Jedi SSC has made till now. That's quite an achievement for a non character... I still think the lightsaber gauntlet was the wrong choice for the exclusive item. As a weapon, it's just a stupid idea, bound to kill or hurt the person that wields it sooner or later. But there wasn't much other choice, with Plo being a secondary character?
I disagree a little. Sure the way they designed it, it would be difficult to use, but it reminds me of Indian Katar swords:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katar
Had they designed it to work more like one of these or more specifically like a Pata sword with a extended gauntlet forearm protector it would make a great new lightsaber design:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pata_(weapon)
Maybe I'll take one of my old Hasbro swords and make a better designed one someday.

Koon looks great. I can't wait to have him in the collection! He's one of my favorite alien designs.

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:

He was featured in some Dark Horse comics early on..."Jedi Council: Acts of War" being one series...it was "illustrated" that his voice was electronically modified through the mask ala Vader. And he spoke "basic".
I was always surprised he never had any spoken lines onscreen in the prequels...it would have been another subtle opportunity to illustrate some "source" technology used for Vader (like Greivous was)...but maybe Lucas thught it would be confusing....who knows.

Back to the figure...I hope we get some more preview shots soon...this was one figure I ppo'd the first day with reservations...he had a real "hand-me-down" look going with the recycled boots, the baggy robe (now corrected) and the same patterned/cut Jedi tunic, despite his being very distinct from the standard one. it was looking like SS was taking some shortcuts to pump out product. I hope some new forthcoming pics prove me wrong...
This is one of the more visually distinctive Jedi that deserves the best treatment as a figure...the box pic gives a little hope that will be the case...

I agree that it would be difficult to use, however worn by a skilled Jedi I think it would be a good weapon. However I imagine it would work best while being used with another saber that is not attached to the gauntlet to have a greater range of motion.

BTW, very interesting post, SM.

Back