Plo Koon ROBE FIX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Aldeggon said:
That's the same thing that bothered me! Every movie that came out I waited to hear my favorite dude speak--and he didn't even get a line in Clone Wars! This figure is looking beautiful though; I'm almost as excited for him as I am for Faramir--and that's saying a lot!

Not even an "ARRRRGRGRHHHHRGHRGHRHSA" as his fighter blew up. :monkey2

It's gonna be tough to cancel an Exclusive Jedi Council member but, that being said, I'm more of a Mundi man myself.

He looks good. The detail in his face is pretty nice from what we've seen. The robe change IMO only inhances the piece.

Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto make up the holy trinity of prequel jedis. They're iconic and sum up the prequels nicely for me. Aayla as the real babe of the prequels, has earned her place too, probably as a PF though.

Of course if they make Yarael Poof I may break this rule.

Wor-Gar said:
So clearly SS has changed the saber, and the robe is now darker, which is great, and it looks like they also corrected the robe. Here's the picture from the new box art photos...

Plorobefix.jpg

I still don't see the "reddish" line of the undershirt but I can only assume its there.

So, given the cash drain this month and next, who is still in for this one?

Kewl. Now why the hell could SS not correct T800's sunglasses????

EVILFACE said:
Kewl. Now why the hell could SS not correct T800's sunglasses????

I think we give them so much feedback on the Star Wars line, they can't keep up with comment on their other licenses haha.

Amanaman said:
Plo Koon, Ki Adi Mundi and Kit Fisto make up the holy trinity of prequel jedis. They're iconic and sum up the prequels nicely for me. Aayla as the real babe of the prequels, has earned her place too, probably as a PF though.

Of course if they make Yarael Poof I may break this rule.

What about Shaak Ti?

what did they change/fix on whatshisname's robe? I wasn't really paying attention to this figure as I wasnt getting it.

hunky_artist said:
what did they change/fix on whatshisname's robe? I wasn't really paying attention to this figure as I wasnt getting it.

The lightsaber color was wrong (but thats old news) and the tailoring on his robe was kind of frumpy. The robe looks much better, judging from the graphic on his box.

Plo Koon is one of my 4 favorite "secondary" Jedi along with Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti and Saesee Tinn. He looks great here and I am looking forward to getting him.

I gotta say my favorite "secondary" Jedi is Ki Adi Mundi. I can't wait till Sideshow makes one. But Plo Koon is a character design I've always liked and his death in ROTS is one of the most dramatic (put a lump in my throat first time I saw ROTS for some reason). :monkey2

pixletwin said:
I gotta say my favorite "secondary" Jedi is Ki Adi Mundi. I can't wait till Sideshow makes one. But Plo Koon is a character design I've always liked and his death in ROTS is one of the most dramatic (put a lump in my throat first time I saw ROTS for some reason). :monkey2

All of the Jedi deaths during order 66 put a lump in my throat. The music was very moving to go along with what was happening.

I have always been rather "meh" about Ki Adi Mundi cause he reminded me of the Coneheads, but his death scene was fantastic. He was so shocked and almost disappointed that his clones were about to gun him down. He tried to deflect as many shot as he could. I know it's silly, but it just gave me more respect for his character.

On the flip side, I thought Aalya got robbed. She just gets shot inthe back and falls over.

KitFisto said:
On the flip side, I thought Aalya got robbed. She just gets shot inthe back and falls over.

Well, it was kind of horrific that they kept shooting her after she was down. That number of shots, I doubt there was much left but a steaming bloody pulp.

Customikey said:
Well, it was kind of horrific that they kept shooting her after she was down. That number of shots, I doubt there was much left but a steaming bloody pulp.

If I was one of the clones, I would have tapped her before killing her! :D

Wor-Gar said:
Plo has the potential to become one of the finest looking Jedi SSC has made till now. That's quite an achievement for a non character... I still think the lightsaber gauntlet was the wrong choice for the exclusive item. As a weapon, it's just a stupid idea, bound to kill or hurt the person that wields it sooner or later. But there wasn't much other choice, with Plo being a secondary character?

Customikey said:

Ironically I heard a rumor after RotS first came out that she survived and the TV show might be made around her. :lol Utter crap. She is deader than dead.

I too think Ki-aid's death was the most tragic of the 66ers. I thought Plo's was a bit weak (perhaps he ejected before he crashed?). Plo looks sweet now. Can't wait for him. That would give us 5 RotS council Members (only 7 to go and one of them is Yoda).

Popular demand is more powerful than the Force. She'll be brought back to life if it makes money. :monkey4

Back