Please,read this,it's about Hot Toys and is important!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a mass produced product, you are not going to find anything better in this market than HT. Sure, some releases have some QC problems, but the company works to rectify them. I prefer the PERS myself, as it adds a lot more to possible poses and character realism.

Like everyone has said, if you don't like it then take your money elsewhere. For every 1 collector that complains about HT's products and threatens to take their money elsewhere, there are 20 others willing to spend their money on HT's products. They're definitely not going to miss your money, and your 1 inquiry about their "poor" products holds zero weight against the multitude of correspondence they get daily praising their quality products. :wave

THIS. SO GLAD some one else posted what I was about to say.

:exactly::goodpost:

Thanks man.

And my other most hated, overused and misapplied word around here. Although I don't disagree with what you're saying in your post.

What word more accurately describes what's going on??

kvetching??
Hand-wringing??

Do we need to make up a word??

I have 68 Hot Toys figures, standing on my shelves (and one back in it's box) and there isn't one that I am disappointed with. I even love my DX Indy!!!!!!! :horror The one that has been re-boxed is my original Jack Sparrow and only because the DX blew it out of the water. I have over 200 Sideshow figures on display, many of which disappointed me as being poor likenesses of the subject, irrespective of the lower price point, even so, they represent subjects I care about and I am happy to display them.:peace
I have removed all my Medicom figures from my shelves and have butchered the Medicom Jack Sparrow, to create a female pirate using the HT cuban female base. So that shows what I think about Medicom.:monkey1
Only Enterbay comes close to HT IMHO (6 on my shelves...soon to increase). DiD and Dragon are improving rapidly, while Blitzway, Big Chief, ZC, Kaustic Plastik and ACI are coming along nicely introducing interesting and realistic subjects. Suffice to say I think it is Hot Toys who have galvanised the market and created the quality bar that 1/6 producers are now trying to match. What they DO need to improve is their customer service and communication :lecture and Howard would be the Steve Jobs of 1/6 ....although alive , of course:slap

Please don't associated the forum with anything like this. You could just say "the undersigned".

And I would disagree - PERS is great for the most part.

For the most part PERS looks good, but recently it has been sucking IMO. Would I want them to remove PERS ?, actually no, but when they release an atrocity like Indiana Jones then you start to consider.

I love the extra dimension and realism that PERS gives to all the figures I own.

Hate selfish people that flood threads and act like they have all the right answers and speak for everyone else about an item. :slap

Hate selfish people that flood threads and act like they have all the right answers and speak for everyone else about an item. :slap

Can't think who right now, but there's someone who does that in the Predator threads :lol

I find it sad that the OP get's blasted for wanting Hot Toys to improve, too many see them as a perfect company that can do no wrong :dunno

I have 68 Hot Toys figures, standing on my shelves (and one back in it's box) and there isn't one that I am disappointed with. I even love my DX Indy!!!!!!! :horror The one that has been re-boxed is my original Jack Sparrow and only because the DX blew it out of the water. I have over 200 Sideshow figures on display, many of which disappointed me as being poor likenesses of the subject, irrespective of the lower price point, even so, they represent subjects I care about and I am happy to display them.:peace
I have removed all my Medicom figures from my shelves and have butchered the Medicom Jack Sparrow, to create a female pirate using the HT cuban female base. So that shows what I think about Medicom.:monkey1
Only Enterbay comes close to HT IMHO (6 on my shelves...soon to increase). DiD and Dragon are improving rapidly, while Blitzway, Big Chief, ZC, Kaustic Plastik and ACI are coming along nicely introducing interesting and realistic subjects. Suffice to say I think it is Hot Toys who have galvanised the market and created the quality bar that 1/6 producers are now trying to match. What they DO need to improve is their customer service and communication :lecture and Howard would be the Steve Jobs of 1/6 ....although alive , of course:slap

Are you aware that stating that you have all this figures in a forum like this could be a invitation to be kidnapped, murdered, with all your limbs splatered in different states, your head buried in some distant farm and then someome just assuming your life and all your figures?

howiepls.jpg

Holy Crap!!! :horror
Salvador Larroca, I'm a big fan of your art.
Very nice to see you on this board man.
Your work is amazing.

I've only got two PERS figures, DX04 and DX06. The PERS enhances these figures imo. Not getting a good Indy was a disappointment, but it wasn't just the PERS that made that sculpt blow. Won't be signing, sorry :dunno

A letter asking them to fix the likeness problem is gonna change nothing if we keep buying these figures. The only way to change it is if every9one canceles there orders and that might make a difference. The best chance we have is for another company to step up and make better figures.

This :lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

A letter asking them to fix the likeness problem is gonna change nothing if we keep buying these figures.the only way to change it is if every9one canceles there orders and 5that might make a difference.the best chance we have is for another company to step up and make better figures.right now hot toys is making the best,if you want a thor in your collection its hot toys or nothing.I personally thik 99% of the sculpts ht puts out are wrong.I would love to see someone like imaresqd1[adam gu] start his own company and raise the bar to a new level.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

As to the topic at hand, I think PERs has the potential to add a LOT to a figure, and with figures like Jack Sparrow, or '89 Joker, it really adds a ton IMO.

I HATE the fact that the Keaton Bats had to compromise on the back of its cowl to accommodate the control mechanism though, i'd rather my figure have an compromised cowl and be without PERs.

Back