Please,read this,it's about Hot Toys and is important!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PROTEUS360

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,my name is Salvador and i think we should contact with Hot Toys in order to express some concerns about the likeness and PERS issues.
please, read it and if you agree and want to join to us to send them this note,it would be great,more people joint to us,more posibilities to be able to reach them.
this is the letter,if you agree,please sign it and the we will send it to H.T.

Dear Hot Toys Crew.
My name is Salvador and I'm writing this letter on behalf of the collectors and customizers on the Sideshow Collectors forum, who have signed below.
We all collect the figures that you develop, and we love them and honestly think that are probably the best figures ever done, but we have also noticed that the PERS system in the DX series often hurts the figures’ likenesses.
We believe that you should either improve that system or remove it altogether until you can consistently offer the likeness quality that such an expensive product deserves.
We consider eye movement to be secondary. It is fun to use for a short time, but likeness issues will always affect these expensive products, which should be of a higher quality.
This problem is especially evident in the Indiana Jones figure, the Luke Skywalker figure, and the new Terminator DX figure, since their faces are clean and they are not masked characters like Batman, or characters wearing make-up like Joker or Jack Sparrow.
Also the person or persons that have the control to approve or not the likeness of the sculpts,should be more extricted,Indiana Jones,the new Samuel L Jackson,or even the new Thor are samples of poor likeness.
As customers, we ask that you please consider our opinion on this. While your products are still better than anyone else’s, we believe this can help you make them even better. We are all creative people, we know that times are tough right now, and we hope that you will agree with us that offering the very best product is the best way to grow.
Sincerely,
Salvador Larroca

Hot toys will send the same automated reply they always do.

thank you for your email we will send this to our design team and it will be put under consideration.

unfortunately mate they do not seem to care.

I know,but we don't loose anythign trying.
Not doing anything is keeping like now or worse,maybe if we're a lot of people could get anything,at least we tried.....is my opinion,i don't like paying good money for poor products and don't have the chance to tell it to them.
Big companies use to have,or should, quality controls and if controls are low,they should start to get complaints from buyers....
I work in the comics industry and when we receive compains for readers,the company pays attention,even when they say that not....

I know,but we don't loose anythign trying.
Not doing anything is keeping like now or worse,maybe if we're a lot of people could get anything,at least we tried.....is my opinion,i don't like paying good money for poor products and don't have the chance to tell it to them.
Big companies use to have,or should, quality controls and if controls are low,they should start to get complaints from buyers....
I work in the comics industry and when we receive compains for readers,the company pays attention,even when they say that not....

LOL at the poor product!

Some figure have their flaws but calling them poor product is a bit harsh :lol

By all means send the email off but as said by others all you'll get is the automated response. They don't care. If you don't like the products being offered the best option is not to buy them. I don't spend nearly as much on Hot Toys products as I used too, there increasing quality control issues and for me poor choices in licenses recently have pushed me away. I'd far rather support the custom artists on here and get a figure that's worth what I paid for it.

You can call the name that you prefer,i don't know too many words in english(is not my main lenguaje) that means that you're paying a lot of money for figures that doesn't match the right likeness...

Most criticisms of their shipped product that people feel demand customization are 100% subjective. The level of detail and faithfulness to the subject which they sell is beyond excellent. If people want more, it's a matter of personal preference.

They either know that moving eyes were a passing fad and won't stop until they've recovered development costs, or they know people don't want them, and...they don't care.

Otherwise, they'd be gone by now.

I actually like the PERs system as an option in my figures. I hear quite a few people complaining that the PERS throws the likeness of in certain figures ( like Indiana Jones ). Funny it works fine in the Bruce Lee figure and most others. The PERS never bothered me, even on Indy, just the fact if you take the PERS out and sculpted the eyes in it would still not look like Ford. I think blaming PERS for a substandard likeness is not the answer.

i wouldnt say the new slj and thor heads are poor likeness,i always see things like this, i cant sculpt so any head is better than my effort, and those heads look great to me, best likeness of those characters ive seen, also the pers isnt bad id say it only takes the likeness away if they are odd angles, just my op,
but seriously shuld be sending one about qaulity control not that it matters, s___t happens life goes on

Loves me some Hot Toys, and despite all the little nitpicks, are the best thing going. I too think the PERS system is a passing fad and would much rather have another head sculpt than this system in a DX figure, but like others have said already, buy it or don't, cause they won't fix what they don't consider broken.

Wow. I must be the only one that thinks that HT offers a great product. It's not perfect. Hec, nothing is, but in my opinion, they're at the top of the game.

As per the PERS, its a cool gimmick, but I could easily do with out it.

As per their likenesses being off, I think many of their likenesses are really close. Of course, when the next version comes out we can then see how the first one was a bit off, but I call that improvement.

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely! There always is and I see it in each figure they release.

Eric

Wow. I must be the only one that thinks that HT offers a great product. It's not perfect. Hec, nothing is, but in my opinion, they're at the top of the game.

As per the PERS, its a cool gimmick, but I could easily do with out it.

As per their likenesses being off, I think many of their likenesses are really close. Of course, when the next version comes out we can then see how the first one was a bit off, but I call that improvement.

Is there room for improvement? Absolutely! There always is and I see it in each figure they release.

Eric

I actually too think they offer awesome products, probably the best out there.

I just customize them becaseu I like to bring them further.

For a mass produced product, you are not going to find anything better in this market than HT. Sure, some releases have some QC problems, but the company works to rectify them. I prefer the PERS myself, as it adds a lot more to possible poses and character realism.

Like everyone has said, if you don't like it then take your money elsewhere. For every 1 collector that complains about HT's products and threatens to take their money elsewhere, there are 20 others willing to spend their money on HT's products. They're definitely not going to miss your money, and your 1 inquiry about their "poor" products holds zero weight against the multitude of correspondence they get daily praising their quality products. :wave

Back