Please give me your thoughts !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine_X-Men

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've got a tough decision to make and I want a lot of advise about it.

I bought on eBay for 200€ (265$), the PF of Yoda and Clone Trooper. I never had the intention to buy it before or start this lineup; but when I saw the prize who could resist ?

Even if I'm a fan of the whole Star Wars Universe (got DVD, video games, ect...), my interest goes to the Marvel Universe. I know for sure that I can sell it for 280€ (370$), and with this money I would like to buy the Iron Man VI Maquette or the Silver Surfer PF.

Right now the problem is that I'm scared to sell it and regret after. This piece is fantastic, the seller got it for less than two months and is perfectly new in every point !

But what would you do if you had something that you never had the intention to buy it ?

:huh

Unless it was a present which I didn't know about, personally I never bought anything that I'm not interested in. Very simple.

If you collect just Marvel and don't collect Star Wars then sell it. If you don't want to sell it just now, then keep it for a while, and see how it fits into your collection, maybe you'll get more Star Wars items after all.

But in the end IT IS YOUR OWN CHOICE, no matter what I or other members here say, you will feel a way or another after selling or keeping it.

I had this dilemma with the HT 1/6 Leonidas figure, I mean I didn't even like the movie that much, but I brought it anyway. ;-O However, I am a great fan of the Grecian Hoplite and their history and I own two of the Ignite Hoplites so I figured wow what a cool lineup I will have. That and Mike's review of it and how freaking detailed it is sold me ultimately. Leonidas as a figure is pretty much perfect IMO, but I really don't appreciate the figure as I never really had much attachment to the movie to start with.

So like you and the Yoda piece - I thought well I should just sell it, but I don't keep boxes and I would take a big hit on it. My advice is to sell your statue though as it seems you will not take a hit. My logic is that the PF takes up mucho real estate and why give that display space up for something you are not 100% invested in? If you are not sure now, wont you like it less over time?

Usually I'm not the kind of guy who ask for help to take some decisions.

But this time, it's different. When I bid on it, it was clear to me that I take it to gain more money with it. And now that I see it, I wonder myself what should I do.

Follow my first idea ? I don't want to do a mistake.

If your really a comics/Marvel type guy, I'd say sell it. You'll probably be happier in the end, using the money to buy one of those items you've always wanted...

There's always a risk of seller's remorse, but honestly, if you kept it, you might be tempted to get more and more SW stuff, taking away from your true collecting passion...

Out of sight, out of mind. Box it up and hang onto it for a while. If you're not looking at it, you'll soon find it easier to let go of it. At least, that's been my experience.

I did pretty much the same thing you did with the same piece. I picked up my Yoda and Clone PF during the recent sale at Star Wars Shop, and paid pretty much the same price you did for it ... even though I'm not a collector of Star Wars PFs, this one made an impression on me at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con. :love I don't have any regrets, personally, and it will stay in my collection ... for now.

This is a personal preference all the way...go with your gut..and you really think you could get $370 for it? I doubt it..but nevertheless...

Back