please critique this classic pred statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagaliya

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, now that my alien is on the way, i need a 1/5 predator to finish the pair. My plan was to use the upcoming sideshow 1/5 classic pred but this one below seemed better (i always liked the masked version more so it's a plus).

It's made by some custom studio in hong kong, like to hear some opinions in term of the sculpt & accuracy of this piece & comparison to the upcoming sideshow version, before taking the plunge. Thanks

Also one concern is that the height is only ~16", isnt that kind small for a 1/5 scale?

tn_P1.jpg

Hi guys, now that my alien is on the way, i need a 1/5 predator to finish the pair. My plan was to use the upcoming sideshow 1/5 classic pred but this one below seemed better (i always liked the masked version more so it's a plus).

It's made by some custom studio in hong kong, like to hear some opinions in term of the sculpt & accuracy of this piece & comparison to the upcoming sideshow version, before taking the plunge. Thanks

Also one concern is that the height is only ~16", isnt that kind small for a 1/5 scale?

tn_P1.jpg

It is 1/6 scale and recast. The original is from Narin (the sculptor) and it is sold out.

well that's a fail then. so those guys recasted a custom piece on top of calling it 1/5 when it's actually 1/6? :slap

guess i will wait for sideshow's version then, hope it doesnt suck like the trio they released previously

Unfortunately, that doesn't even matter to most people on this forum.

Lol, because he said it is made by a studio in hong kong so I couldn't help myself. Narin is a friend of mine, have to help him a bit lol.

Speaking of accuracy, I think it is great IMO.

What alien are you talking about?

well that's a fail then. so those guys recasted a custom piece on top of calling it 1/5 when it's actually 1/6? :slap

guess i will wait for sideshow's version then, hope it doesnt suck like the trio they released previously

Lol so true, the classic prototype looks awesome, hope sideshow doesn't ruin it.

Back