Please check your Ironman 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow-Chicky from sideshow posted this at SF:

Here's the link: https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92392&page=31

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this discussion reasonably as well as the mods for unlocking the threads so customers who have received help from our Returns Department can post their responses.

Sideshow Collectibles has had less than five instances of paint peeling issues reported to us involving the Iron Man busts and we are assisting these customers. If they are seeking refunds and purchased from one of our direct dealers, we work with that dealer towards a solution for their customer. If a client purchased directly from us, then our Returns Department is working with them.

We have read 'Born's" post and are saddened that he had such a harsh reaction as our Returns Department handles issues as they are submitted, which means demands for a reply the same day may not be possible if the Returns reps have not even reached his complaint within the queue. Rest assured if he can give us some time to investigate the issue and return the correspondence, I am sure an acceptable solution can be reached.

If 'Born' or any other client does not receive a return response back in five business days, they are encouraged to call in to speak to the Returns Coordinator directly to follow up on their inquiries. Since Born's inquiry was submitted to a processing rep, who called him about an order, and not directly with the Returns Department, this might have caused an understandable delay a response to his matter.

You can contact our Returns Department through our site at SideshowCollectibles.com or by e-mail at [email protected]. You can also call us at (800) 474-3746 if you have any questions regarding any of your items that you have on order with us or have purchased from us.

Best,
Chicky

Damn another one, try to call CS they will help for sure.

I called them up and recommended I go through the dealer that I bought it from first. Problem is I bought from Dark Shadow Collectibles and he's no longer in business. I sent him a PM on the board so hopefully he can still help me out. Would really rather have a refund or at least credit toward future pieces as I'd be scared to own one of these for the long haul

I called them up and recommended I go through the dealer that I bought it from first. Problem is I bought from Dark Shadow Collectibles and he's no longer in business. I sent him a PM on the board so hopefully he can still help me out. Would really rather have a refund or at least credit toward future pieces as I'd be scared to own one of these for the long haul

I'm hoping everything will turn out as well to you bud.

I decline the offer for a fourth replacement. I really can't risk it and I'm done with the headache and hassle of sending it back.

ryan thanks for posting that. Bonedaddy77... Sorry to hear that... I hope it works out for you.

ryan thanks for posting that. Bonedaddy77... Sorry to hear that... I hope it works out for you.

Thanks..hopefully they help me out. Sideshow customer service has been great to me so far.

Here is a pic of mine:

3819069972_e250b7d6af_b.jpg

Adam was always in good standing with SS, I don't think you'll have any problems. :cool: :peace

Has this issue happened on any other pieces in any line? I really hope this is an isolated incident on just this one piece alone because of some factory screw up.

If this is what happens by cutting cost and is possible in the future, it will really impact what I buy and keep collecting.

I just checked mine and theres no cracking or flaking on it.
Its a bummer to see such a nice piece cause headaches for some people. :monkey2
In the pics people post with the flaking, you can see that having no primer coat seems to be whats causing it.

Good luck to you in sorting your paint issues out.

Actually i have one, and am still glad i bought it (this despite my base peeling as well) :(

Simple... a lack of proper QC.

I pity all the buyers of this piece that will need it repainted in the years to come. Beware the 1/2 scale maquette.

SS has already come forward to tell buyers of the iron child that history will not repeat itself :D

Back