Please check your Ironman 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel bad for the people its happening to.. But I warned them.. I was excited about this when it came out and had it on order.. For the price tag I expected a high end peice.. Then I saw it at SDCC and was like wtf.. I saw the poor quality of the paint..

When I warned folks of its quality I got attacked for being a troll..

Moral of the story is listen to Bodie.. This piece offends me..

I feel bad for the people its happening to.. But I warned them.. I was excited about this when it came out and had it on order.. For the price tag I expected a high end peice.. Then I saw it at SDCC and was like wtf.. I saw the poor quality of the paint..

I always listen to Bodie hasn't steered me wrong yet except with those superhero's in tights are tight! :rock

I understand you about warning ppl and them not listening...:monkey1

From now on will listen:)

Bodie is Wise.Except for N00bs, everyone knows this here.Thats why he has survived here all this year, pretty much like the Worm himself.

Prediction:

Solidsnake's IM bust is next.

Bodie is Wise.Except for N00bs, everyone knows this here.Thats why he has survived here all this year, pretty much like the Worm himself.

Prediction:

Skiman IS STRONGEST, SKIMAN DO NOT LIKE PUNY NOOBS!!!! CRUSH PUNY NOOBS NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN HALFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hulksm10.jpg

Skiman, is trrrrrd now.... bye bye...

Last edited:
When we deal with moisture sensitive items in my work, they are baked up to 125C overnight prior to doing any sort of rework on them to burn off any trapped moisture. if you dont, you can get humidity and moisture within the device that then expand and cause delamination and measling (air bubbles) within the electronic devices. Maybe these should have been baked prior to applying paint. And handled with rubber gloves prior to painting them.

Wow. For that kinda money...that is messed up. SSC needs to take responsibility for this. I remember seeing this in a local shop and wasn't that impressed with the paint job either. It didn't look smooth and had blemishes on it but no major flaw like this. But even that was enough to turn me away. Ick. Sorry to hear the bad news guys.

I was lucky that the paint chips didn't fall completely off. I was able to put a little crazy glue underneath and all is well so far..........

For the price, all I should have to do is look at it. This is truly bad.

Prediction:

dont bet on it ! mine shows no paint stress at all.
If mine was a bad one it would have shown signs by now.
I do feel sorry for the people that got bad ones.
really sucks because its such a fantastic piece.
such a shame.
:(

Hi fellow freak, as I was browsing at Statue forum I saw this thread and was nervous about and check my IM bust. And look what I found

Here's the link:

And here's the pics of my IM bust

Ryan, sorry to hear this has happened to you. When I get back from vacation in a couple of days I will check out mine. It has been on display for a few months now.

What did SS say to you when you called? ANYONE with this issue should be contacting SS IMMEDIATELY!

Better not be money lost. That's a big chunk of change there. I am wondering where these people are that this is happening and what the climate is... like dry or humidity. If it's in a very hot and moist place. Is it exposed to certain chemicals or sunlight. That sort of thing.

Eli, I really don't believe this has anything to do with climate. If it did, the other statues would be an issue. And Calgary is not know for moist and dry, lol.

This is what I think happened: I remember a thread being started long ago here at SS before the IM bust went out on whether or not these would be numbered. I believed they should have been numbered, but because of the delay in production they decided not to number. This has led me to believe this piece was RUSHED out with NO QC.

I really worry about that piece too, Vader is destined to have QC issues...

Amir, I really believe this will not happen to the Darth Bust. In the IM case, it was a rushed product, a decision that SS has probably regretted by know. Hopefully, the people who make the decisions, know this about IM, and they will not allow this to happen again to any of their pieces, not just the long anticipated, and pricey, Vader bust.

Wtf is wrong with that kind of paint ????I noticed Its always the metallic paint tone that has defects..

It looks like this is multi stage metallic paint, which is to say, color over a silver base. Multi stage paints are more complicated than single stage paints. My father had his car painted and the clear was put on too long after the color was applied. Because if this, the clear layer didn't bond properly, and after a few months, the clear bubbled.

We need to find out if the BD IMs will also be affected-- IE if they were the same busts that were returned and then scuffed up, or if they were a new batch.

Back