Please check your Ironman 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eventually they will all look like that.. I spotted something wrong when I saw it's quality at SDCC 08.. Upon arriving home I cancelled the item as in my eyes it wasnt worth the asking price..

Seeing the Battle Damaged and Mark 2 versions at SDCC 09 solidifies this peice's status as being a joke IMO..

This is really sad to hear about, I'm so sorry for you guys who have paint flaking on yours. :( I'm really hoping SS comes through on this one, there's just no excuse for something like this in my opinion.

Sideshow should be embarrassed. The paint issues with this piece are a joke. If anyone at Sideshow had a brain they would terminate their relationship with the factory in China responsible for manufacturing this piece. But they won't because they have to maximize profits. When will they learn that "Made in China" equals crap!?

Sideshow should be embarrassed. The paint issues with this piece are a joke. If anyone at Sideshow had a brain they would terminate their relationship with the factory in China responsible for manufacturing this piece. But they won't because they have to maximize profits. When will they learn that "Made in China" equals crap!?
Made in China cost you $700. Made in USA or Canada cost you $1400. Plain and simple.

Eventually they will all look like that.. I spotted something wrong when I saw it's quality at SDCC 08.. Upon arriving home I cancelled the item as in my eyes it wasnt worth the asking price..

Seeing the Battle Damaged and Mark 2 versions at SDCC 09 solidifies this peice's status as being a joke IMO..
If the paint doesnt flake off now, what make you think it will be later.

OH man after reading and seeing all the nightmares with this piece i'm gonna have to go to storage and dig mine out and check it to make sure that I dont have flaking going on. I checked it when I recieved it and it was fine but I am now worried as is alot of people. So are they replacing ones that are flaking or are they just issuing refunds. I used reward points so if there is a problem with mine and they refund i better not get screwed on those reward points i used.

I just hope nothing like this happens to the Vader bust

OH man after reading and seeing all the nightmares with this piece i'm gonna have to go to storage and dig mine out and check it to make sure that I dont have flaking going on. I checked it when I recieved it and it was fine but I am now worried as is alot of people. So are they replacing ones that are flaking or are they just issuing refunds. I used reward points so if there is a problem with mine and they refund i better not get screwed on those reward points i used.

I just hope nothing like this happens to the Vader bust

I really worry about that piece too, Vader is destined to have QC issues...

Dang it. Checked mine and found mine had paint issue as well. Went un-noticed until I saw this thread. Many thanks for starting the thread:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Wtf is wrong with that kind of paint ????I noticed Its always the metallic paint tone that has defects..

Sideshow should refund any of these busts that go bad. Maybe a Call to the BBB might help.

Oh shoot, another one. I'm really sorry to hear this bud. Try to contact SS, I already did talk to the local store where I got mine.

Dang it. Checked mine and found mine had paint issue as well. Went un-noticed until I saw this thread. Many thanks for starting the thread:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Not to sound mean or pessimistic, but I'm curious to see if these drop in price on Ebay here soon. They've held value VERY well so far IMO, but I think if this trend catches on (like I fear it will,) these are going to plummet in price on the secondary market.

eBay prices will drop only if damaged ones are being sold. The "flawless" ones will go up in price or value that is if this is a problem with a few not all. I'm interested to see if this will go unchecked or forgiven on the Battle Damaged version which hasnt appeared on eBay all that often.

eBay prices will drop only if damaged ones are being sold. The "flawless" ones will go up in price or value that is if this is a problem with a few not all. I'm interested to see if this will go unchecked or forgiven on the Battle Damaged version which hasnt appeared on eBay all that often.

I agree, but I'm just curious if the price on the flawless ones would remain high IF everyone who bid knew what kind of problems may be in store for them down the road. I was willing to pay higher then retail for a flawless one, but now I don't even want one for fear of what it may look like in a year or so.

I wonder if this will occur to those who have "buffed" their busts. Not the ones who have repainted it but some of our members simply buffed the hell out of them taking off a layer of paint....

I had a check of mine last night after reading this thread and so far so good but it still makes me wonder if it is a case of when and not if the paint is going to start cracking or peeling. The base does look like it might start as it sounds like the paint has not stuck properly when you run your finger over it.

You are probably right:

July 31 auction end: currently $305 with a buy it now of $550
July 28 auction end: no buyer $599
July 27 auction end: no buyer $615
July 24 auction end: no buyer $644
July 24 auction end: no buyer $775
July 20 auction end: $527
July 18 auction end: $650

I think buyers do not want to spend so much money on a statue that can crack down the road.

Not to sound mean or pessimistic, but I'm curious to see if these drop in price on Ebay here soon. They've held value VERY well so far IMO, but I think if this trend catches on (like I fear it will,) these are going to plummet in price on the secondary market.

Back