Play Imaginative 1/12 Scale Iron Man 3 Die-cast figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Review will be coming in pieces. Today, the packaging. Excited to open this guy later in the week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I got a chance to check these out a couple weeks ago and then at another show again. For 1/12 scale they are pretty cool. But at nycc I saw two people come back and complain and ask for refunds/returns after having the figure over night. Not sure how CMC/PI handled it as I didn't stick around. Not a great sign.

The shades figure looked pretty good. The paint job was really well done. Igor looked well done but something about it looks off. I don't know if it's just the strange design of the suit(I'm not a fan of the hot toys one for that reason. The design of the suit is odd to me. That's a marvel issue though). The CMC/PI version looks worse. But I'm not sure if that's just becuase of the exaggerated features not translating well to a small scale. I didn't have or see any other Igor figures from anyone else to compare it to on site. If anyone picks one up let me know what you think.

Looking forward to your review of the IP. Make sure to check all the lights. That's always been a problem for these people in the past.

No interest but these look really good to me- at $125 or whatever they are pricey but what new figure these days isn't?
I just don't think the market is there for MORE MORE new IM figures in a smaller scale but maybe I'm wrong. HT is hard enough to play catch up on new releases...

Getting further into my review today. First impressions: This figure is awesome! I don't own the HT version, but I do have 2 Diecast IM from them (43 and Mark iii). The lights are bright. It doesn't feel fragile...so far. I haven't posed much yet. The accessories seem plentiful. The only nitpick...this would definitely be in the toy category for me (an expensive toy). It doesn't feel/look like a collectible. When I delve in later, I may change my mind.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Starting posing and futzing more today. A little bad news: loose left leg. The stand is awesome. The lights are bright. The whole figure feels strong, not fragile. Sometimes I breathe on my HT and they break. The only other 1/12 stuff I have is Three Zero's Titanfall. They go well together. More review for this guy coming later in the week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back