Play Arts Kai Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Cowboy Bebop figures and they were just a disappointing mess. Basically the figures are a series of plastic rods with rubber clothes over them...if you move them in any way other than standing still, they look like crap.

Also, the "rubbery" clothes feels sticky and tacky right out of the package.

And they are huge...like 10-11 inches tall. For NO particular reason...just a really awkward scale.

This RoboCop will NOT scale well with Neca's ED....he will tower over ED.

And it's just my personal opinion, but I just don't like the exaggerated proportions and stylized takes on the designs. Movie characters like Robo and Superman and Batman shouldn't look like anime characters....

Play Arts figures have improved a lot since those came out in my opinion. Robocop should be sturdier any way as it is quite a chunky sculpt.

Overall I've been quite pleased with the Play Arts figures I've bought. They seem to excell at robotic/armoured figures so Robocop should be good. The more human figures tend to suck a bit in my opinion so yeah those Star Trek figures....

Wth... The original robocop proportion is.... :slap:slap
The new robos does look good but nothing beats to me the original classy look. New ones are too iron man-ish imo. Will stick with my pre ordered classic HT robo :wave

The proportions look like most other Play Arts figures, they usually tend to be stylized. Besides weird joints on their figures, I still like their designs, probably will pick up original Robo and the maybe the new Robo after I see the movie.

Yeesh. This is what RoboCop would look like if drawn by Peter Chung. No thanks.

This came out in Tokyo today and I managed to pick one up. If you've owned a Play Arts Kai (PAK) before then I'm sure you know QC is a bit iffy. Otherwise, it's a nice figure albeit a bit pricey compared to other PAK figures...

56553bf6b0dc11e3bef712031e35447b_8.jpg

9771df22b11311e3afc612cd81b9cc59_8.jpg

Just got mine today, its my first PAK and so I did research about their QC, though it didn't worry me. I can say that I'm really happy with this figure (3.0). All joints and articulation seems very durable. You can really put it in many different poses, its really cool. But I expected it to be much larger, the size of the box is huge compared to the actual figure. The stand is tightly packed onto the packaging so I decided not to open it, PAK needs to change this! Anyway Amiami (Preordered it there), Nippon Yasan, Hobby Search and HLJ have sold out of the 3.0 which is pretty fast! I'm wondering if the ThreeZero ED209 will look okay scale wise against the PAK figures, to me the Threezero Robocop figures look unproportional against the ed209?

robocop.jpg

I took a quick look at this Robocop 3.0 today! Its a good figure if you ignore the price. He's got a decent array of weapons and sturdy joints. He doesn't look quite as good as the prototype images, but he still looks good. He's got a somewhat small head and a slightly big torso, but the biggest knock against the figure is the price. At only 9" and a slim frame, he feels smaller than paks like snake, Dante, or Raiden. It's a good figure, but unless you're desperate to have a new Robocop on your shelf, I recommend waiting for the price to go down a bit.

Pretty cool figure but wish it was in the 50-60 bucks range. I am still having a hard time warming up to the 3.0 design but that seems to be the best selling one. At least the 1.0 has some cool mechanical details around the chest/abdomen area but the 3.0 really looks like a rubber suit :( Only thing I like about the 3.0 is the red visor against the black...reminds me of KITT actually.

Pretty cool figure but wish it was in the 50-60 bucks range. I am still having a hard time warming up to the 3.0 design but that seems to be the best selling one. At least the 1.0 has some cool mechanical details around the chest/abdomen area but the 3.0 really looks like a rubber suit :( Only thing I like about the 3.0 is the red visor against the black...reminds me of KITT actually.
I'm sure people want the 3.0 over the 1.0 because it was in over 90% of the movie. All of the best moments in the movie were when he was the 3.0.

I'm sure people want the 3.0 over the 1.0 because it was in over 90% of the movie. All of the best moments in the movie were when he was the 3.0.

I agree that's the reason...but still the design is too bland. a battle-damaged version including swappable torn arm would have more interesting look imo but I don't think PAK is into that...if Neca picked up the license that would've been a possibility.

I just picked all three of these up today. Holy **** are they awesome. 1.0 (2014) is my #1, he's sleek yet mechanical looking, and a nice homage to the OG. 3.0 is really well done as well, the red visor is cool but a little further away from robocop imo. I love the neck design on him too, works really well. The 87 version is pretty great too, he's certainly not nearly as Anime looking as I thought Play Arts would go, very impressed by that. Obviously they still took some minor liberties but its a solid release. and at 1/3 the price of HT's you cant deny its good value, (got all 3 for less then 1 HT). Only thing I wish we would have also received it som unmasked Murphies, mainly the 2014 ver as he has his visor flipped up quite a bit. If play arts really wanted to satisfy me they would release another 1.0 but as the 1.5 at the end, with the badge engraved in his chestplate and an unmasked HS... I can dream...

All in all im so happy and would have loved to see more releases from this (like the robotic baddies)..

I just picked all three of these up today. Holy **** are they awesome. 1.0 (2014) is my #1, he's sleek yet mechanical looking, and a nice homage to the OG. 3.0 is really well done as well, the red visor is cool but a little further away from robocop imo. I love the neck design on him too, works really well. The 87 version is pretty great too, he's certainly not nearly as Anime looking as I thought Play Arts would go, very impressed by that. Obviously they still took some minor liberties but its a solid release. and at 1/3 the price of HT's you cant deny its good value, (got all 3 for less then 1 HT). Only thing I wish we would have also received it som unmasked Murphies, mainly the 2014 ver as he has his visor flipped up quite a bit. If play arts really wanted to satisfy me they would release another 1.0 but as the 1.5 at the end, with the badge engraved in his chestplate and an unmasked HS... I can dream...

All in all im so happy and would have loved to see more releases from this (like the robotic baddies)..

Nice pick-up! Did you pick them up at Phoenix? Marty told me they'd be available this week but the HT ED209 drained my wallet. Any chance you can post a group shot?

Here is a few pics of mine from a few weeks back. Nice pieces, they are spendy but if you cant get enough Robocop stuff like myself then they are easy buys.

Attachments

• 20140507_214459_Richtone(HDR) (1024x651).jpg
    20140507_214459_Richtone(HDR) (1024x651).jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 338
  • 20140507_215637 (576x1024).jpg
    20140507_215637 (576x1024).jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 20140507_215958_Richtone(HDR) (576x1024).jpg
    20140507_215958_Richtone(HDR) (576x1024).jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 334
  • 20140507_220048_Richtone(HDR) (698x1024).jpg
    20140507_220048_Richtone(HDR) (698x1024).jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 330
Nice pick-up! Did you pick them up at Phoenix? Marty told me they'd be available this week but the HT ED209 drained my wallet. Any chance you can post a group shot?

Yeah phoenix for sure, he gets all my money :lol

Id grab them if you can, he only had 1 1.0 and two 3.0s left, he had more of the 87 though. I can try and post later but me and posting pics never works out haha

Back