Planning to make an original figure, need help and suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venom

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, im planning to make an original 1/6th scale figure of a character Ive created and designed called Cerebus. Ive drawn concept art for it and hopefully it should work well as a figure. I need suggestions on what i should use as a base figure, i want maximum amount of articulation whilst being able to sculpt on the details, its hard to explain what it looks like but basically a mechanized suit with metal plating which that the character is trapped inside, kinda like scorpion but way cooler. 18inchs in height would probably the best size for it, but im also happy with the regular 12inch scale.

Also i had the idea of having articulated LED Eyes, sorta like terminator eyes on Hot Toys, but they re on a ball joint and colored green. But yeah i have no idea how i would get working LEDS in that area. Id draw a picture of it on photoshop and post it on here but drawing on a computer and drawing on paper is very different, and i don't have a scanner either. Hmmm

Link? sorry i dont know what a diamond body is, i looked it up but yeah, i got hundreds of results for jewelry haha

EDIT: Oh Diamond Select?

I was planning to use the 18inch spiderman figure from toybiz? (i think thats the company) has it has articulated fingers etc etc but Ive heard its cant stand up without support.

I never had any issues with the Spiderman figure falling over... seem to remember it having very sturdy "clicky" joints. Also, should be easy to get one of those for less $$$ than a Diamond select.

Back