Planet of the Apes PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully they will have the next POTA PF on display at this year's Comic Con.

Along with a few Hot Toys Apes. :D

I am still hoping that Sideshow has fixed the jacket and the doll legs are complete. Why pay so much for something that you still have to fix?

I just canceled my preorder for the PF exclusive. The minor glitches are too major for me to have to live with, and I have received no confirmation or verification that Sideshow was listening to me.

I just canceled my preorder for the PF exclusive. The minor glitches are too major for me to have to live with, and I have received no confirmation or verification that Sideshow was listening to me.

Sorry to hear you canceled Jessica, I hope you don't regret it once he starts shipping.

I really hope he doesn't ship until after the Con... two trips, con exclusives, and current pre-orders have me tapped for the next two months!

According to the newsletter, the Zaius PF will be shipping in 30 days!! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Hopefully, I'll get it before SDCC so I can get the base signed by Mat! Funny, it will have been exactly one year since he told me they were making them in the first place. :D

According to the newsletter, the Zaius PF will be shipping in 30 days!! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Hopefully, I'll get it before SDCC so I can get the base signed by Mat! Funny, it will have been exactly one year since he told me they were making them in the first place. :D

I hope Matt's working on Cornelius or Zira next!! :banana:banana:banana

I hope Matt's working on Cornelius or Zira next!! :banana:banana:banana

I'm hoping to meet up with Mat this Comic Con and drill him for information concerning the future of this line. If it has any.

And I got my 18-20 day notice for the good doctor today. Looks like he is coming in just in time to get it signed at the Con! :D

I'm hoping to meet up with Mat this Comic Con and drill him for information concerning the future of this line. If it has any.

And I got my 18-20 day notice for the good doctor today. Looks like he is coming in just in time to get it signed at the Con! :D

At least you got the good Dr. He will be amazing if they ever get his outfit right and the doll correct. And I do hope I don't live to regret my cancellation.

At least you got the good Dr. He will be amazing if they ever get his outfit right and the doll correct. And I do hope I don't live to regret my cancellation.

With the piece coming in soon, Sideshow will probably update Zaius's listing at their site replacing the prototype photos with ones of the production version. We may soon find out the status of any running changes. :D

I am still hoping that Sideshow has fixed the jacket and the doll legs are complete. Why pay so much for something that you still have to fix?

Jessica,

Do you have a pic of the jacket you want him to sport? I'm afraid I'm nowhere near my poa stills/dvds.

BB

You may when sales are cool and SS doesn't make more Apes PFs. :dunno

Jessica,

Do you have a pic of the jacket you want him to sport? I'm afraid I'm nowhere near my poa stills/dvds.

BB

This is how he is pictured. Notice that the bottom edge of his jacket is not flush/straight across, that the leather is shorter than it should be. Also notice the curvature of the cloth where it meets the jacket makes it look like he's wearing the jacket backwards...that I am looking at his lapel or something and the shortened leather makes this look even more so. This minor detail would definitely bug me and I would probably restitch the jacket and pants even though it is only his backside that is flawed.
7514_press04-001.jpg

Here is the screenshot of Dr. Zaius wearing the outfit. I don't remember who got the screenshot but I saved it for reference. Notice where the leather meets the cloth on the back of his outfit. It's not curved. Too bad I don't have the ability to get screencaptures, or I would have captured the doll's complete legs, too.

screencapture1vd9.jpg

Last edited:
You may when sales are cool and SS doesn't make more Apes PFs. :dunno

I will be sad to find out that Sideshow will not be cranking out any more PF apes. Until then, one can only hope. And if they ever get to the point where they say no more apes in the future, which I hope they will not, I will cross that bridge when I get there. Peace out.

zaiuspeace.jpg

Last edited:
Back