Planet of the Apes customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planet of the Apes wagons and accessories

Here's a really old picture that I used to determine the height and length I wanted of the cage using cardboard.

Last edited:
Re: Planet of the Apes wagons and accessories

I bought some old wooden buggy wheels, stripped the rubber and lathed down the wheels to a size I wanted...

Last edited:
The apes all chanted in unity! Lock it up! Lock it up! Lock it up!

Wait… or was it “Boil that dust speck, boil that dust speck?” nah – my bad- wrong movie. It was LOCK IT UP!

Last edited:
I didn't know where to post this, but I thought some of you would be interested in what craziness I am up to. I really was not happy with my General Ursus and threatened to re-do him. Well, I did...kinda.

I could not find a pair of pliers so I went at his eyebrows with my favorite pair of pruning shears.
LG017.jpg

I decided to whack some of his hair as well with my handy dandy pruning shears. They sliced through the plastic like butter. Oh, the indignity of it all!!
LG025.jpg

A quick resculpt of angry eyebrows confirmed my fears...that his muzzle and nose would have to go, too:
LG026.jpg

I was a little aggressive with the pruning shears and accidentally cut his face, almost cutting off his chin. Ouch!
LG027.jpg

What have I done? What have I done?????
LG018.jpg

Is there hope for this sculpt????
LG019.jpg

Perhaps, after lots of massaging. I may re-do the nose. Depends on how I feel when I see it again tonight. I liked the other one before.
LG020.jpg

Here is a nose re-do, but I think he needs another nose job, so I will be working on that tonight:
LG031.jpg

Wow, even more pictures to be blown away by. That caged wagon is too cool. How long did it take you to make that!!!!!! WOWW!!!!!! Did you ever show that to SS????? I want one!!!!!!!

Jessica, you're picture is funny. I forget the type of monkey that has those big noses, and your headsculpt look just like one!! HAHAHAH. I really like how you truly turned that sculpt into a gorilla.

There's getting to be too many threads, I can't keep up where I'm going or where I've been in theses POTA threads. Someone Help!!!! I need structure.

Re: Planet of the Apes Orangutan outfits

I think someone should count, maybe Protozauis, because he loves the Orangutans, How many different outfits are there? At least a dozen.

In Battle for the Planet of the Apes, Virgil is wearing a male brown chimp top underneath the orange jacket.

Have you made any of the brown tops? Do you sell any of your costumes? If so how much? I really like what you've done.

I have to repost my operating tables!

market027.jpg

Thanks for posting these Jess, I forgot about these. You need to cast them and sell them. I would like a couple to set with my MEGO Planet of the Apes display.

Very cool Jessica. I love what you've done. I'm going to have to try and make one of these.

Hey Angel, I've been playing with that wall section you gave me. I really like that thing. How many did you make? I need to add another coat of paint to it, but for now I have it glued to a SS stand so it stays up by itself. I love it, Thank you.

Yeah. I made 2 of the 3 stone partitions seen in the 1st movie. Who know Sticks? Maybe someday I'll actually make the last one behind the table of C & Z. (I made stands for mine, see the picture.)

Last edited:
Back