Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ex Maestro is sold out, only reg available. The ex head with crown is so much better, I can't just buy the reg. Does anyone know what resale value is like on Halimaw products? I'm still tempted but ex or nothing is how I feel.

That's a hard question to answer as only the prototype has been shown completed. This hasn't been released yet, no reviews on the production piece. I think once a re-sale does happen it's going to depend on the es released, and the quality of the statue. Imo custom collector's usually don't get into it with the idea of flipping the piece. If this comes out as nice as the prototype, and there's a low es it's really just up to what the seller asks as there super limited and not a lot to choose from on the after market. Keep in mind the regular piece only has 50 units being made, not sure what the exclusive number is.

Now that XM pieces are skyrocketing for unlicensed region collectors, many people are entering the world of custom statues. There is something to be said for an amazing custom, low es size, quality piece that your input is directly reflected into the product. It's a great avenue if you do not mind having a non-licensed product.

I also passed on this piece as I missed the exclusive window by 1 day :) Oh well there's only so much shelf space and there's always something new to fill it with.

I am on the exclusive list for throne hulk. To those that prefer king or gladiator...it's going to come with both heads so you can make it whichever you prefer it to be.

I think I'm the 2nd person on the wl for their King Hulk. It's funny I was just searching for more photos and found your Instagram site and bookmarked it not realizing you were a ssf member.

Is there a ex for King Hulk your page indicated there was but I thought the Halimaw FB site said only one version.

There was an EX which I can't remember, I think it's a sword but I'm sure they decided to make it the same for everyone now though

Yeah I've been a member since 2012 I believe but I'm just not so vocal now as I once was ;)

That's a hard question to answer as only the prototype has been shown completed. This hasn't been released yet, no reviews on the production piece. I think once a re-sale does happen it's going to depend on the es released, and the quality of the statue. Imo custom collector's usually don't get into it with the idea of flipping the piece. If this comes out as nice as the prototype, and there's a low es it's really just up to what the seller asks as there super limited and not a lot to choose from on the after market. Keep in mind the regular piece only has 50 units being made, not sure what the exclusive number is.

Now that XM pieces are skyrocketing for unlicensed region collectors, many people are entering the world of custom statues. There is something to be said for an amazing custom, low es size, quality piece that your input is directly reflected into the product. It's a great avenue if you do not mind having a non-licensed product.

I also passed on this piece as I missed the exclusive window by 1 day :) Oh well there's only so much shelf space and there's always something new to fill it with.

I am on the exclusive list for throne hulk. To those that prefer king or gladiator...it's going to come with both heads so you can make it whichever you prefer it to be.

Maestro will have 50/50 for reg and ex. I just got on the wl for king hulk, I'm not sure if its for the ex. I thought there was only one version of King Hulk. Have the shown both heads?

There was an EX which I can't remember, I think it's a sword but I'm sure they decided to make it the same for everyone now though

Yeah I've been a member since 2012 I believe but I'm just not so vocal now as I once was ;)

I just discovered a few new statues visiting your page, that 1/2 scale Aqua-man is amazing. I think your right about Lobo, best from SS this year. I have it on PO with gray and green Hulk. I was thinking these were going to be the last statues I buy from SS.

Exclusive Halimaw Hulk on Throne comes with:

King and Gladiator Head sculpts, attachable Flag and a Blackbolt broken scepter.

Everyones getting the flag now. The G.Hulk head has been scrapped but the broken scepter might still be an EX. I know Jay said there would still be something for the 1st 30 who ordered the EX

I just discovered a few new statues visiting your page, that 1/2 scale Aqua-man is amazing. I think your right about Lobo, best from SS this year. I have it on PO with gray and green Hulk. I was thinking these were going to be the last statues I buy from SS.

Yeah I love XM but I still like SS just as much, I still think SS have the best artists so I will still carry on buying there statues, plus I've yet to have a QC problem with them so I have no reason not to. It great that there's 2 companies making 1/4 Marvel statues, the more the merrier.

Yeah the Aquaman is looking amazing but it's 1/2 scale

Everyones getting the flag now. The G.Hulk head has been scrapped but the broken scepter might still be an EX. I know Jay said there would still be something for the 1st 30 who ordered the EX

The Gladiator Hulk head has indeed been cancelled. The EX for the first 30 that bought is the sword. Everyone gets the other stuff. I would have jumped in for Maestro if I had got in before the EX head sold out.

Okay that's good to know. Less than a month ago they posted that both heads come with the Ex.

The Maestro base is pretty sweet but I agree. I know I wouldn't be satisfied with a regular, knowing the exclusives out there.

Do the sellers of the Halimaw Maestro and King Hulk have some history/reputation doing statues? Am I just sending my money to a PO Box if you know what I mean.

Do the sellers of the Halimaw Maestro and King Hulk have some history/reputation doing statues? Am I just sending my money to a PO Box if you know what I mean.

very good reputation several years long. The head honcho is a great guy. Have no fear with halimaw.

ex Maestro is sold out, only reg available. The ex head with crown is so much better, I can't just buy the reg. Does anyone know what resale value is like on Halimaw products? I'm still tempted but ex or nothing is how I feel.

I have only seen one Halimaw piece go up for resale and that's their venom, which seems to sell quickly at it's retail price of 600-650. I've never seen their other pieces go up for sale and they have done several. I think that's mostly because people are happy with them. I love the Thanos that I got. Excited for the black spiderman I have coming. Halimaw is stepping up their game lately... I have a 1/4 cave troll I'm commissioning that is coming along GREAT, can't wait for it to be done. Their pieces have a very different feel than any of the other companies and while their paint is not quite to XM's level and their sculpts not to SS, their pieces have soul and being art direction by individual fans makes them pretty special in my book. I am also on the list for the Hulk on throne, probably for Maestro and a few others too. Love all the different things different companies have to offer.

But I agree with whoever said don't buy customs for resale... unless it's that damn resinworx wolverine vs. ninjas. Damn I wish I had gotten that at "retail".

FB statue groups opened my eyes up to a world of statues I never knew about. The Maestro is $1250 shipped and the King Hulk $750 plus shipping.

Imho, prices are a bit crazy given the sculpts and paint app. I'm not sold about the body sculpt on the Hulks, and all Halimaw paint apps I've seen have wide margin for improvement. Their Juggernaut is 950$ and absolutely forgettable in every aspect (sculpt, pose, paint app).

Imho, prices are a bit crazy given the sculpts and paint app. I'm not sold about the body sculpt on the Hulks, and all Halimaw paint apps I've seen have wide margin for improvement. Their Juggernaut is 950$ and absolutely forgettable in every aspect (sculpt, pose, paint app).

The King Hulk is my first custom piece. I'll judge it once I get it in hand. If it disappoints I'll just sell it. There are over 50 people on a waitlist to grab one. If it comes out like the painted one on the podium pic I'll be very happy.

The upside and downside of commissioned pieces are that collectors become art directors. Some pick good poses and direct projects well and others do those things poorly.

Have you seen their juggs vs wolverine dio? That's a pretty cool and unique piece.

The juggs you are talking about it interesting to me. Has grown on me quite a bit over time.

Iv concluded I want the ssc gladiator and King hulks. Now to find the resources to make it happen. I wonder if they'll ever go on sale

Back