Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say Gorilla glue or zap a gap is your best bet. My cousin has repaired a few of his statues with zap a gap and he swears by it.

Thanks for the help guys! It stinks he was broken, but I have to admit this is one of my favorites already! He is massive. Also, the skirt color is much better in person.

:(
GH arrived today. He is awesome, except...my sword arrived broken. I ordered from a board member. While I am waiting for him to contact Sideshow, is there a particular type of glue I can use for a temporary fix? It is a clean break. I want to display him now. Here is a pic
r9h4d3.jpg

If you have any model shops around I would go and ask them what they have that so strong. I have some stuff that is far stronger than Gorilla Glue.

I've used Krazy Glue with the brush applicator. It's clean and precise and dries quick. Wouldn't gorilla glue be a risky proposition as it expands as it dries? Or am I thinking of something else?

So I ended up using crazy glue. I want you guys to see something that my wife pointed out. The statue was broke before they ever painted it. Take a look at the photo below. There is paint inside the break. They need to find new factories. These guys are cutting corners.

2ly5rhj.jpg

So I ended up using crazy glue. I want you guys to see something that my wife pointed out. The statue was broke before they ever painted it. Take a look at the photo below. There is paint inside the break. They need to find new factories. These guys are cutting corners.

2ly5rhj.jpg

When the board member you bought that off of shows that pic to SSC they will have to offer a replacement.

It could have been a crack and paint soaked into the crack. Either way. It will be refunded.

It's possible that it was only a hairline crack at the time of painting, thus the paint seeped in. If the worker didn't notice it before the first spray, it would be hard to detect. Then somewhere along shipment it got enough bump to break cleanly.

I agree, but we deserve better as consumers. I have over four thousand dollars worth of statues on preorder right now. If my LSF Dr. Doom shows up with issues, I am going to cry (or have my own hulk rage). I think the ideal Sideshow product is still the best, but there have been so many QC issues recently. It is disconcerting.

It is like what I said on the XM posts, I feel Sideshow has better prototype statues than XM. However, the final products are not living up to the prototypes or are showing up broken. Hence, it is tempting to spend more on a reliable company. I am starting to get fed up. My Sauron showed up soaking wet. In addition, the overspray is out of control. More than on most statues I have seen. I bought a Babydoll from CSC that was broken in five different places. I have been selling off my Hot Toys and going the statue route. However, I am starting to have regrets.

It's possible that it was only a hairline crack at the time of painting, thus the paint seeped in. If the worker didn't notice it before the first spray, it would be hard to detect. Then somewhere along shipment it got enough bump to break cleanly.
I hope that was the case.

I agree, but we deserve better as consumers. I have over four thousand dollars worth of statues on preorder right now. If my LSF Dr. Doom shows up with issues, I am going to cry (or have my own hulk rage). I think the ideal Sideshow product is still the best, but there have been so many QC issues recently. It is disconcerting.

It is like what I said on the XM posts, I feel Sideshow has better prototype statues than XM. However, the final products are not living up to the prototypes or are showing up broken. Hence, it is tempting to spend more on a reliable company. I am starting to get fed up. My Sauron showed up soaking wet. In addition, the overspray is out of control. More than on most statues I have seen. I bought a Babydoll from CSC that was broken in five different places. I have been selling off my Hot Toys and going the statue route. However, I am starting to have regrets.

Give SSC time to respond... I am sure you will be taken care of.

I had to cancel mine due to a unexpected expense that cropped up in my life. $60.00 NRD down the drain..............CRAP!
I was really looking forward to this statue.

Well my unexpected expense wasn't so bad and I will be getting this Statue. Sideshow was nice enough to
discount my new order to cover the lost NRD on the first. Can't wait to get it.

I've been so into finding an XM Magneto and getting a PCS Darkness I haven't gotten around to opening my GH yet. Shame on me. No one puts Hulk in a corner.

I've been so into finding an XM Magneto and getting a PCS Darkness I haven't gotten around to opening my GH yet. Shame on me. No one puts Hulk in a corner.

Did you get the King of Darkness? I ordered him the minute he went up. Can't believe they sold 150 of those in hours

Wonder how much longer till this GH goes out of stock. All the videos and pictures are screaming perfection for the most part. Surprised there isn't more excitement around this hulk. Even with all the other hulks out there. Gladiator still rules them all imo

Back