Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes. I've posted this exact pic of Hulk at least a dozen times throughout the past two years. This is Gospel:lecture

I like all depictions of the hulk. But one little knit-pick about that specific picture is it looks a little baby faced.

This one however looks phenomenal!
Dale%20Keown%20Hulk%20Sketch.jpg

Bust out a shirtless raging Hulk inspired by this guy and I'm sold:

View attachment 124040

You aren't the only one buddy. I have been waiting for a modern raging green Hulk PF since I started collecting SSC pieces. Instead, all we get is Kirby/Ape Hulk. If we are lucky, a raging modern green Hulk PF will be the next one on the drawing board. Hopefully, Martin and Gore Group will be handling the entire project. No Andy B portraits on the next PF please. I love his work but he seems to only be able to do a Kirby/Ape styled Hulk. I've seen enough of those. Give us something different. I know Martin would nail the Hulk and give us modern fans EXACTLY what we're looking for.

SOLD OUT!:rotfl

Didn't you read the update a few pages back. After the out cry at SDCC about King Hulk SSC has decided that they will offer both Hulks together at a discounted price. If you go and order GHulk and enter in the PromoCode TILLALLAREONE2014 you will be offered King Hulk at a cost of $50 plus shipping. Not only that they will even eat the shipping costs if you then enter the PromoCode IAMPULLINGYOURLEGCBG2015....:lecture

I just got back from work and check SS. There's no sale package on these? I don't think it a real offer. I guess it's too good to be true. I also check to see if it's sold out. No low count showing yet. The pics of this looks pretty good. I may buy one soon. :)

I think the eyes look like Keown.

Having said that... I am actually not a huge fan of his. His work is good but he is not my fav Hulk artist.

Dale Keown is the only modern Hulk MASTER in my opinion.

d1c408d37f0b08583f101b5ce75456d4.jpg

959PL2db_1303141246511.jpg

1347652645-674x1024.jpg

k1.jpg

Paul Pelletier is a worthy successor
paulpelletier-hulks-635-pencils-aug2011.jpg

and Mike Deodato does good work but he is inconsistent IMHO. Sometimes you get this

hulk_vs_wolverine_by_madmaniaco-d3ag60n.jpg

However, I usually find his Hulk to be rather mushy and illdefined

Ed McGuinness does some great work as well

Ed%20McGuinness%20-%20Hulk%2024.2-3.jpg

However, in the end Keown is the Hulk master IMHO. No one else has reached is level. I wish he had never left Marvel. KEOWN SMASH!!
HulkbyDaleKeown.jpg

Off of Facebook

10455126_10202307095461043_4077004207629962158_n.jpg

That looks awesome.

I just got back from work and check SS. There's no sale package on these? I don't think it a real offer. I guess it's too good to be true. I also check to see if it's sold out. No low count showing yet. The pics of this looks pretty good. I may buy one soon. :)

You should double check the code I gave you. I*AM*PULLING*YOUR*LEG*CBG*2015.... :wink1:

Actually makes Apoc. look small.
I like the way he's looking down on him like 'Try it!'

Also for those saying the shield hides the scullt, display him like that...

Dale Keown is the only modern Hulk MASTER in my opinion.

and Mike Deodato does good work but he is inconsistent IMHO. Sometimes you get this

hulk_vs_wolverine_by_madmaniaco-d3ag60n.jpg

However, I usually find his Hulk to be rather mushy and illdefined

Ed McGuinness does some great work as well

However, in the end Keown is the Hulk master IMHO. No one else has reached is level. I wish he had never left Marvel. KEOWN SMASH!!
HulkbyDaleKeown.jpg

Well here is a case of agree to disagree :) I love Mike D's work and find most of his art to be THE BEST modern Hulk out there. Ed McGuinness is OK but a bit too cartoony for my taste.

But MIKE D is the master!

tumblr_malsxxFIN11qiknbco1_1280.jpg

MIKE_DEODATO_JR__DEVIATION_49_by_MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

MIKE_DEODATO_JR__DEVIATION_47_by_MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

MIKE_DEODATO_JR__DEVIATION_62_by_MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

Wol_Origins_28__Page_13_by_MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

Keown wasn't that great

Yeah he is not even close to my fav... He is OK but I never cared for how he drew the Hulk's face. And his work could be cartoony at times also.

A great example of Both

H6.jpg

Funny thing is.. I like this art work by him because the Face looks like Mike D's Hulk Face.

Hulk-1colorsketch.jpg

Well here is a case of agree to disagree :)

Yep... I totally get that you love Mike D and I like his work a lot ... just not sure he is even in my top 5 or 10 Hulk artists. I like a cleaner style, but that is a style preference thing... and it that is a subjective personal thing.

But your wrong:wink1:

Yep... I totally get that you love Mike D and I like his work a lot ... just not sure he is even in my top 5 or 10 Hulk artists. I like a cleaner style, but that is a style preference thing... and it that is a subjective personal thing.

But your wrong:wink1:

Yeah.. I tend not to care for the clean perfect lines... It's what makes it look cartoony to me. And like I said I HATE the way he draws his face half the time.

I always liked Mike D's because he made Hulk scary. Which is how he should be. For me anyways.

Sometimes I like Keown work... But to me he is the inconsistant one. But I loved his work in Hulk The End.

Having said that

Give me this anyday

2602159-tumblr_mam7f3gi561qhpx4lo1_1280.jpg

over this

the_hulk_by_dale_keown_colors_by_splashcolors-d4k91e7.jpg

Nuff said ;) ;) :)

Sometimes I like Keown work... But to me he is the inconsistant one.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4505-1380827344-4.gif

I rarely say this seriously, BUT that is not even close to right. Keown does vary how he draws the Hulk, but that is mainly for commissions work, that and the changes that happen over 20 years as an artist naturally grows. However, when he is drawing in an issue regularly his characters are almost ALWAYS on model. Mike D. is an absolute MESS compared to Dale K. Mike D's characters vary in appearance and proportions from panel to panel let alone page to page or issue to issue. Now I am not trashing Mike D. as an artist because I like his work, but part of his style is a loser and more flowing style that makes consistency very difficult. There are times when I am looking at one of his pieces and I can't tell he did it, whereas I can almost always recognize Keown's work. Even when he was working as a ghost artist for Marvel. Maybe you and I are coming from a different point of view when it comes to consistency m8, but when it comes to how someone draws on a regular basis Keown is LIGHTYEARS better at staying on model than Mike D.

Give me this anyday

2602159-tumblr_mam7f3gi561qhpx4lo1_1280.jpg

over this

the_hulk_by_dale_keown_colors_by_splashcolors-d4k91e7.jpg

Nuff said ;) ;) :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13351-1376332523-36.gif

Colin-Fan-Art-colin-farrell-33723804-500-250.gif

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

tumblr_m4sxacWc2c1rw7k3jo1_250.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4505-1380827344-4.gif

I rarely say this seriously, BUT that is not even close to right. Keown does vary how he draws the Hulk, but that is mainly for commissions work, that and the changes that happen over 20 years as an artist naturally grows. However, when he is drawing in an issue regularly his characters are almost ALWAYS on model. Mike D. is an absolute MESS compared to Dale K. Mike D's characters vary in appearance and proportions from panel to panel let alone page to page or issue to issue. Now I am not trashing Mike D. as an artist because I like his work, but part of his style is a loser and more flowing style that makes consistency very difficult. There are times when I am looking at one of his pieces and I can't tell he did it, whereas I can almost always recognize Keown's work. Even when he was working as a ghost artist for Marvel. Maybe you and I are coming from a different point of view when it comes to consistency m8, but when it comes to how someone draws on a regular basis Keown is LIGHTYEARS better at staying on model than Mike D.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13351-1376332523-36.gif

Colin-Fan-Art-colin-farrell-33723804-500-250.gif

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

tumblr_m4sxacWc2c1rw7k3jo1_250.gif

When I say inconsistant I mean that somethimes his art is good and other times it is (and I know you don't agree) awful.

Yeah Mike's art can change. His Hulk changes in size often for dramatic purpose. But it is a style choice that works. His art is always good from panal to panal. Keown ... Not so much.

This picture you posted here has no real emotion for me. It'sstiff. No feeling of motion... it's just a drawing... Nothing special Nothing I would want hanging on my wall.

HulkbyDaleKeown.jpg

Again

Give me this

Wol_Origins_28__Page_13_by_MikeDeodatoJr.jpg

over this

1347652645-674x1024.jpg

The above photo is an example of Keown being inconsistant. The Middle panel is pretty good... But the top an bottom are so stiff and without life it makes my gums ache.

Let try non Hulk

Keown

f882dfcb047b1398a1bf8df554936e9f.jpg

Mike Deodato
mike-deodato-wolverine6-331x500.jpg

Pretty sure Keown is not capable of this.

414d1fb5fa78915a2799d29c6fb1dc3e.jpg

OK enough dissing on Keown because I do like some of his work.

I just prefer more of the realistic art... Yes Mike D goes above and beyond realism at times but his work flows and has movement. Each panel is a work of art. But it's cool that you like Keown better and Mike D is not even in your top ten... Just realize that it is you who are wrong..... Trust me I was an art major for a whole semester LOL.... I really was but that is not why you should trust me.. LOL ;) :)

Attachments

• mike-deodato-wolverine6-331x500.jpg
    mike-deodato-wolverine6-331x500.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 251
Back