Pirates of the Caribbean....savvy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josette

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I had to make this thread....PF or 12 inch....this is a line that I could really sink my teeth into, and it's also the bigger property that SSC is becoming known for (follows Star Wars, LOTR).... I think Pirates would fit right in and be a realistic request.

Now, bring me that horizon!

I've seen the Medicom Jack Sparrow, and it is kind of nice but some of the aspects I really don't like, like the head cloth is plastic, and the paintjob on the face is horrible, but if it ends up being the only choice then well... What I'd really like is the Cinemaquette Jack Sparrow, but that's way too expensive for me.

It would be interesting to see a Sideshow line from this movie, as well as one or two more in the original line that gave us Blackbeard. I have mine standing next to my custom Jack, and they do look neat together! (I'll get a pic)
But, yeah...if SS did POTC, then we'd see other characters I bet, other than just Jack.

The thing that makes Pirates so appealing to me is that I like a lot of the characters and I'd love to have several of those characters in figure form. I would love 12 inch since that's what I collect, but a part of me drools at the thought of PFs because of the detailing of the costumes and the realism that the PF format would bring. I couldn't have a room full of PFs, but I could get a few if they were POTC because Pirates is number one on my movie list.

Either announcement would excite me.

Well, there's not that many characters that people would want in PF for POTC. Basically the main characters and that's it. It could be a small enough line and still have interest.

Anyways, I just really want a high-quality Jack Sparrow figure that doesn't cost $1,500

There's quite a few that I'd consider man characters, though. I'd get Jack, Davy Jones, Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, and Norrington.

I would think it unlikely they would ever pick up the liscense and only do one character. And I love Jack to death, but I'd like to have the others, too, which is one of the reasons I'd like SSC to pick up the liscense.

Josette said:
There's quite a few that I'd consider man characters, though. I'd get Jack, Davy Jones, Barbossa, Will, Elizabeth, and Norrington.

I would think it unlikely they would ever pick up the liscense and only do one character. And I love Jack to death, but I'd like to have the others, too, which is one of the reasons I'd like SSC to pick up the liscense.
i agree with josette 110%.there are so many interesting characters
in potc.i would probably buy them all if made in 1/4 scale.
especially barbosa's crew among others..davey jones crew also.
id be in big financal trouble but id be in heaven none the less.
but could ss handle another big franchise..it takes a long time for star wars pf's already.where would they find the time for potc pf's?

congerking said:
But that figure is so amazingly awesome....

Yeah, but it's way too expensive for me----although if I did have $1,500 to spend I'd definately consider it, but since I don't have that much money I'll have to hope for something that costs less.

I too would love them make 12" Pirates figures. I'd probably just get Jack Sparrow and Barbossa though. Oh and Davy Jones. Oh and if they do it right, Elizabeth Swann/Turner. Oh and Will Turner too.

And and... Frick.

See, SSC?

A lot of characters from potc would make great figures.

I would definitly buy a Davy Jones in both PF and 12" (but a PF would be better :monkey3 ), and a Jack if it resembles the charakter esp. in the pose enough. (the medicom did not look right to me, as I saw it in real)

Perhaps also a Babossa, Maccus, Will and Elisabeth (and so on) in 12"....

Lets hope SS will do this line. Perhaps even a 12" Black Pearl? That would rock!

Back