Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I'd like to see them do Dillinger, I'd get him for sure, love the character, one of my most favorite movies.

I think it would be cool but was the movie a big enough hit to warrant it? It seems Hot Toys goes for either the big new blockbuster types, the superhero types, or all time big deal to fanboy types... like the terminator.

I have not seen them do a quiet select fanbase or lukewarm box office generating film like Public Enemy. Though I;d love to see them do that as I have an endless list i want from movies like this. These types of films are usually left for the customizers and bootleggers to tackle.

Hell they put up a resistance to Inception of all things! I still think that was a bad move on their part. I was not in LOVE with the film, it was okay, but look at all the people dropping huge dollars on customs and every tom ____ ad harry indy company doing Leo heads.

Their reasoning with Inception was that the characters weren't particularly unique as figures, Leo would have been Leo in a suit, nothing overly distinguishing from his other characters. I understand that logic, no matter the popularity of a film or actor or character, sometimes the appeal as a figure or collectible isn't there enough for mass production. Rocky is a very popular character but as a collectible he seems mediocre in demand.

I agree that Dillinger would be unlikely, but outside of the Mad Hatter, Sweeney Todd type roles, I can't see HT touching more normal Depp characters other than Dillinger or Crane where it's not just Depp in clothes like his other roles, they have period styles to them and HT might see them as appealing for that reason. Dillinger would come with 1930's guns and his costume would be different from a suit today, plus if they pulled it off right, the hat. John Dillinger would be distinct among other Depp roles compared to Leo in Inception vs. Leo in Shutter Island or whatever.

Seems like this announcement is aimed to shoot Medicom in the yarbels. They've kind of had a monopoly on Depp with Wonka, Todd, Crane, Hatter, etc. But now we'll get all those from HT maybe?

Seems like this announcement is aimed to shoot Medicom in the yarbels. They've kind of had a monopoly on Depp with Wonka, Todd, Crane, Hatter, etc. But now we'll get all those from HT maybe?

I hope we do! would love to have a Sweeney with more than one blade, the little box they came in, possibly blood stained alternate shirt.

and as MaulFan said, I'd love a Dillinger too! The dual holster with handguns, tommy gun, and hopefully a hat. it would be nice if they offered a new Edward Scissorhands with a new sculpt that actually looks like Depp maybe with the dress shirt, pants and suspenders?? but I'm sure they won't do that figure again, unless they think of it like the Batman begins and TDK OC Batman?

I don't see how they could top the Edward body. The head blows but that costume and box were brilliant. If they did revisit it they would really need to include the white shirt, black pants and suspenders.

I wish they will make Once Upon a Time in Mexico or even 21 jump street. :pray:

The trouble with Crane, especially with Hot Toys, is it begs for a Horseman to be made and I don't know if they4e planning to go beyond Depp himself. Donnie Brasco and no Lefty, fail, Crane and no Horseman, fail, Sans and no Banderas, fail.

Hot Toys just uploaded pics on the Facebook! Looks great! But the Smiling one looks a little off! I really like the look of Enterbay's one, like the bandana and hair pieces. Its a tricky one!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?fbid=10150113884492344&id=58690437343&aid=280572
198132_10150113884787344_58690437343_6802781_4343534_n.jpg

200396_10150113884702344_58690437343_6802780_4368344_n.jpg

Wonder if Yulli did one head and Kojun the other.

I don't really like the smiling sculpt that much ..the normal one however look's really good!

HT will definitely tweak the smiling head sculpt if only we here at SSF spend the next 200 pages whining about it. C'mon guys, who's with me?

Edit: just checked Wookster's new thread and the smiling sculpt doesn't look too bad - maybe we could get away with downgrading the whining to photoshopped pics and side-by-side comparisons with Johnny Depp photos instead.

HT will definitely tweak the smiling head sculpt if only we here at SSF spend the next 200 pages whining about it. C'mon guys, who's with me?

Whining could be tiring but I'm w/ you here bro :wave

As usual, my vote goes to HT re: Jack's figure :yess:

They both look great, I will be really happy and finally have my definitive Sparrow. Still hope to see a smirk head at some point.

liking this so far looks really good

They look really beutiful both ! And we don't have seen all the package! I'll need two bodies!!! And maybe i'll buy the enterbay too... I need three jobs and a 30 hours day

Normal one looks quite good however can't see any depp in the smiling one.

Normal one looks quite good however can't see any depp in the smiling one.

I kinda feel opposite. Smiling one has a complete Depp likeness, whereas the serious one's just that. Too serious to be the captain.

Back