Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I hope Barbossa is in part 4, if the plot is the Fountain of Youth story, he ought to me, and in a way, part 4 could be very much like Curse in that Jack's alone with no resources, Barbossa at the helm of the Pearl.

Any hope for Barbossa is good in my book... and if the new movie is an adventure with him and Jack I think it could be a lot of fun.

Barbossa and DMC Elizabeth are on the top of my List,maybe a Will DMC too,but yeah,Barbossa is a must for me.

The good news too is, HT being business savvy as they are have an opportunity to really get their $$$ from folks. I'm sure they'll want to do figures from the new movie, if there's new faces anyway, if it's mainly Barbossa and Jack then you just need Barbossa, but anyway. If they're smart, they'll get figures from 1-3 in development now, sell those during the pre-movie hype for 4 when Pirates are back on people's minds, then make and sell part 4 figures during/after the theatrical release, so we could see Barbossa or other figures even before the 4th film's release, which'd be great.

I hope so. If HT isn't going to do anymore then I may sell off all my POTC figures but if they at least do Barbossa then I'll probably stay in.

I think with another movie announcement it's as close to a guarantee as you can find that they'll produce more figs. The hard R&D has been done. They just need to to tweak on several figs. You know there'll be another Jack and they can reuse some pieces. Maul could be right. Produce a few figs from past movies to whet the appetite and hype the new figs. Timing is everything too. If another Batman or IM movie comes out at the same time, POTC could get edged out.

Great news, but not really a surprise. The 4th was always on track.

The big question is: when? Summer 2010 at the earliest I imagine. Sounds like Depp is knee-deep in other crazy-costume roles.

Can y'all wait for 2 years for Barbossa?

I'm in no Rush:lol I could live with only a Jack fig if that were the only fig available. I'd like more but will keep these either way.

Great news, but not really a surprise. The 4th was always on track.

The big question is: when? Summer 2010 at the earliest I imagine. Sounds like Depp is knee-deep in other crazy-costume roles.

Can y'all wait for 2 years for Barbossa?

That's why I say HT should be smart and have Barbossa on slate for ordering by like mid Q2 2009 and in hand by late 09, early 2010.

Well, HT's shown some smarts with Iron Man and TDK as far as having product right on the heels of release.

Here they have a good opportunity I think. They've got an incomplete line that's sold well so far, the property's going to get a lot of attention again, and theoretically they still have license to make product for the existing films. If I were HT, as soon as I heard about a 4th film, I'd get my creative team onto coming up with figures based on what we already know and get at least 1-3 figures out over the course of the production of the new movie, then have 3 figures ready to unleash at once at the release of the movie, like TDK did, and you'd have some damn good sales and a healthy collection of figures if they make the right character choices.

theoretically they still have license to make product for the existing films.

That's conjecture on your part unless you know their arrangement. Many of the licenses are for a specified period of time. They may or may not still have license.

Well that's why I said theoretically, I don't know for sure they still have it or not, but since Davy and Will and Cannibal Jack just came out this year, I assume at least through 2008 they have it.

Barbosa needs to come with Jack the monkey!:monkey1

I think the announcement of 4 secured the continuation of this line. They'll put out a couple of more figures probably an Elizabeth in a gown to really show off their tailoring. Maybe Barbossa possibly someone like Norrington and then once 4 hits it'll be new product focused. Call it a hunch

Call it a hunch

I hope you know something we don't.

Getting Norrington is doubtful. A British Navy Captain is not the most exciting figure -- NOT for $145 -- and not when they could give us Maccus or some other crew members. I could see HT reviving Will and Eliz to go with a Barbossa though.

What I doubt they'll do is human 2nd tier characters: Beckett, Norrington, Pintel and Ragetti. I have the same belief about a TDK Gordon though.

Barbossa and Maccus would be must-haves for most POTC collectors and look great on the shelf.

Honestly, BARBOSSA is the last figure they really need to produce -- if they do they would have a complete line. Their first.

Last edited:
Back