Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Since they're making another Cannibal King... What do you guys think the chances are of getting a Davy Jones remake? How popular of a character is he? To me, he was easily the most fascinating character with the obvious exception of captain jack.

Anything is possible :lol I can see Hot Toys revisiting a lot of the Pirates characters, just like they are redoing Cannibal Jack.

There weren't a lot of Pirates to begin with.

Jack x 2
Sao Feng x 2
Davy Jones
Will
Elizabeth

At the rate things are going, I don't see them revisiting anyone but Jack, Jack's sure money. I'd love lots from HT but don't see it coming. I'll be stunned to finally see a Barbossa.

2 Sao Fengs? 1 is bad enough :lol

Barbossa has to be done, it's a crime against humanity if Hot Toys never takes a chance on him :lecture

I don't think it's too likely since there are some other heavy hitters fans want to see made like Barbossa. They are revisiting Jack now because they are on a Depp kick at the moment and they know Jack sells. Before the announcement showing the Cannibal throne I didn't expect to see that one revisited so anything is possible. Though I really don't see how they can improve on Jones besides making him taller. Otherwise they nailed him out of the park. IMO.

Was Barbossa very articulated? Or was he limited in posing?

I don't think he was ever made lol. But with him reappearing in the newest movie, I'm sure he will be. But poor old Davy is dead lol

Barbossa was never made but should be with a removeable leg. It'd be interesting to see a mermaid, too. :yess:
In a perfect world, I would like to have seen a human Davy Jones, and a Bootstrap Bill, and a Beckett, Tia Dalma and maybe Norrington...
Didnt care for the Elizabeth Swann at all.

Last edited:

Saw bits and pieces of Pirates 2 on TV the other day, it's a shame we didn't get a better Elizabeth than the one HT gave us.

Hopefully we will see Angelica soon.

just Watched Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest,, a bit Confusing.. but it was an enjoyment to watch .. and i also find the first one was better.. might watch the third one tomorrow :)

Confusing, but the third one clears up the whole story. Third one also aint that good, imo.

First is always the best, :yess: yet personally I find the second one to be MUCH more rewatchable.

Saw bits and pieces of Pirates 2 on TV the other day, it's a shame we didn't get a better Elizabeth than the one HT gave us.

I'd love to see HT make another Elizabeth in her Dead Man's Chest pirate outfit! :rock

I'd love to see HT make another Elizabeth in her Dead Man's Chest pirate outfit! :rock

This outfit?

30117.jpg

There you go. I like this outfit, but I prefer AWE better b/c of how intricate it is. An Elizabeth release in an outfit so simple shouldn't cost more than $100 tbh.

After watching the OST, Barbossa is a must! If HT made him, I hope he comes in 2 outfit & a removable wooden leg!

Last edited:
Back