Pirates of the Caribbean 2 12" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, those figures look a little more like a Hasblow attempt...OK, NOWHERE near that bad, but still, the upcoming Medicom "Real Action Heroes" 12" Jack Sparrow blows those out of the water! Even at around $150...

I wonder if Sideshow will be distributing the R.A.H. Jack State-side? I'd get one...if it were around $120-ish...

:joy

https://www.noda-ya.com/html/syohin/figure/02000950.htm

I just put my order in for the Medicom Jack from my overseas dealer.

I agree that the likeness isn't as good as Neca's but everything else about the figure is perfect. I'll check out the Zizzle stuff when it hits stores. I'm sure at the very least that you could use the figures for parts but nothing beats the Medicom Jack.

I'm now hearing from my dealer that a second Pirates figure is comming from Medicom but it's unknown what character it is?

After the Jack Bauer disaster, I'll never buy another Medicom figure again. The likeness was perfect in the pictures, but it looks like SH** in real life. I was really pissed off about that.

Indiana Fett said:
I dunno, those figures look a little more like a Hasblow attempt...OK, NOWHERE near that bad, but still, the upcoming Medicom "Real Action Heroes" 12" Jack Sparrow blows those out of the water! Even at around $150...

I wonder if Sideshow will be distributing the R.A.H. Jack State-side? I'd get one...if it were around $120-ish...

:joy

https://www.noda-ya.com/html/syohin/figure/02000950.htm
I wouldn't compare the two. I agree Medicom's Sparrow looks great but he's not $14. I doubt the shipping from Japan will even come to $14. We'll have to wait and see what the production figures look like. They may not be worth the $14 when we see them but at least the prototypes looked okay.
I think the clothes might be suitable for a transplant onto a better body, New boots will have to be made and if the length of the trousers bothers, you could make a new pair using the old ones as a template, just changing the length for improvement.

And who knows how Neca's Sparrow might turnout? It might be the best compromise between the two.
Oh, and it's more likely that Master Replicas will import the Medicom version. They're currently planning on importing the Medicom Rocketeer because they have the Disney license, Sideshow doesn't.

screamingmetal said:
I wouldn't compare the two. I agree Medicom's Sparrow looks great but he's not $14...

And who knows how Neca's Sparrow might turnout? It might be the best compromise between the two.
Oh, and it's more likely that Master Replicas will import the Medicom version. They're currently planning on importing the Medicom Rocketeer because they have the Disney license, Sideshow doesn't.

Great Point screamingmetal, Guess we'll have to wait to see what the FINAL Medicom Jack Sparrow looks like, since some people have been complaining about the "24" Jack Bauer prototype vs. Final item. The clothes look AMAZING in the prototype photos IMO, so does the head-sculpt. I just found the Zizzle (is that the other company making POTC 12"?) ones a little cheap looking...but they will probably only be around $20 or $30, so with some customization, who knows?

Thanks for mentioning the MR has the Disney licence for Medicom items...guess that's who will probably be importing J.S. to the States. I thought Maybe Sideshow could have picked it up since they're distributing the Star Wars VCD figures by Medicom, but it doesn't look like Sideshow will be distributing Jack...

don't know the Zizzle figures outfit on a sideshow or dragon body with the hero heads Jack sculpt would probably be pretty accurate. Here's a pic of the custom one I made with the hero heads noggin. Now I'm waiting for a zizzle fig to see if I can plunder anything good from it.
JackSparrow.jpg

Well I found the Zizzle 12" inch figures at Toys R Us and picked up the Jack Sparrow one. They also had the Will Turner, but didn't see a Davy Jones. The Verdict.............they suck. It appears they are on the body that the Disney Store uses for the 12" figures they have of various characters , Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Hercules, etc. I'm guessing this because of the Disney logo on the figs back and the battery compartment and speaker holes on the chest, that don't work on this figure. The boots are sculpted on the legs. The likeness to Johnny Depp is better than most figures but still way off, and it appears one of the eyes are lower than the other, some of these issues could be the piant though. The coat, shirt, vest and belts are fairly nice and would be decent for stealing if you are making a custom Captain Jack, but the sword is make of soft rubber (don't poke your eyes out, kids!) so it won't stay very straight. All in all, unless you are looking for parts for a custom of your own, don't bother.

For $15 I'd definitely pick up Jack Sparrow. It may not be SSC quality, but it certainly looks like it's worth the asking price.

Having seen some of Zizzle's product in stores, it doesn't surprise me the 12" figures would turn out poorly. I think the best Jack Sparrow is Medicom's which is unfortunately too short and too expensive.
Has Neca's version been shown yet? I can't recall if they ever previewed the figure. :confused:

Well, if the Zizzle ones aren't that great, I might consider getting the Medicom one....or I might just stick with my 18 inch Neca Jack Sparrow, since I'll never get the other characters in 12 inch form anyway. :(

I'll have a review of the Zizzle Jack later this week. I was prepared to hate it, looking at it from outside the plastic, but it turned out better than I anticipated. Not great mind you, but...well, you'll see.

Back