PIRATES ARTWORK!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are awesome. I won't be getting any. But they are awesome none the less. :cool:

But, since Pirates is now some sort of license with Sideshow, any chance of PF Pirates figures? :drools

A pirate PF line.... I'd like a full Pirates 12 inch line, but I'll admit that Pirates might lure me into the land of PFs if they were made. I'm not a PF collector due to cost, but POTC would be a line I'd truly consider.

Josette said:
A pirate PF line.... I'd like a full Pirates 12 inch line, but I'll admit that Pirates might lure me into the land of PFs if they were made. I'm not a PF collector due to cost, but POTC would be a line I'd truly consider.
Oh, man, I would all over a Pirates PF line (and my wife knows this, so she prays nightly that it'll never happen :D). Even 12" would be cool, but PF? That would be cool beyond words.

RoboDad said:
Oh, man, I would all over a Pirates PF line (and my wife knows this, so she prays nightly that it'll never happen :D). Even 12" would be cool, but PF? That would be cool beyond words.

I might be able to swing a few Pirates PFs since I don't collect any of the other PF lines from SSC nor do I indugle in SW or LOTR in any form....That's some freedom there, and there are a few Pirates characters I couldn't pass up.

Do any of you Pirate guys know of a website strictly for POTC collecting?

I would probably wind up getting a Jack Sparrow PF, none of the others though.

As for the artwork, I kinda like that wanted poster for Jack Sparrow. If I get any it'd probably be that one, unframed because its like 400 dollars on the acme site framed, and I can get a good frame from Michaels for less. I think that with the Gentle Giant animated maquette might look good, at least until a PF comes along. It'd be really awesome if they made a Robin Hood wanted poster too. Dunno what sort of rights they would have to obtain for that.

Actually, if I'm reading the site correctly, the $405 price listed on the wanted poster is just for the frame, not the framed print.

And you can get a nice frame at Michaels quite a bit cheaper (especially during one of their sales), but to get similar quality to the Acme frames will still cost quite a bit -- I'm guessing that it could be as much as $200 for the frame, gilt-edged matte, and optional glass, depending on the size.

Those are awesome, I'd like to get the Flying Dutchman one, once it's availible from Sideshow. Seems kind of expensive though. At the Acme site it says a paper unframed print is $145, and it's like $300-$400 with the frame, the canvas ones are even more.

But I must say, if Sideshow did a PF Jack Sparrow or Davey Jones (that would be an incredible sculpt) I would have to get it, the Cinemaquette Jack is nice but WAY too expensive, I think I could settle for the other characters as 12", but I would expect that if at all that Sideshow would only do PF's of POTC after experience with the LOTR 12-inchers and how difficult it was to make them look good. Which would actually be fine with me because I'd ultimately like a PF Jack Sparrow anyway, and it'd be the first PF I'd get---even compared to General Grievous.

I would buy a full line of 12 inch figures from Pirates because there are many characters I like in the films. I wouldn't be able to be that way with a PF line, but there are a few characters I'd save my pennies for in PF format and would love to have in the larger scale.

I'm just so happy to see that there are so many other people who are totally interested in a Pirates PF line. I'm pretty sure I'd have to buy every single one they put out. Of course my MUST have would be Davy Jones, since I'm obsessed with the character.

Davy would make a really cool PF...

I'm a big enough Pirates fan to save money for some PFs....POTC is a line I couldn't refuse (and I've refused a lot - Star Wars, LOTR, classic horror...).

Yeah, POTC would make an awesome PF line... Jack, Davy, Barbossa, Hell even Will or Elizabeth. Matter of fact, a good pirate zombie would be cool. Maybe the duo, baldy and wooden-eyeball guy.... :lol

I'd have to get them all!!

Anyone else notice that on the ACME site, all of the POTC prints, canvas, etc. are listed at 75% remaining? Could it be that Sideshow has gotten an allotment of 25% of each item??? That would make for some quick sellouts of Sideshows quantity! Just a thought...

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, POTC would make an awesome PF line... Jack, Davy, Barbossa, Hell even Will or Elizabeth. Matter of fact, a good pirate zombie would be cool. Maybe the duo, baldy and wooden-eyeball guy.... :lol

I'd have to get them all!!

I know what you mean. I would be tempted to buy Jack, Norrington, Davy, Elizabeth, Will, and Barbossa. That's 6 right there. POTC would be my first PFs....and the only line that I can ever see myself shelling out the money for in PF format (excluding Dark Shadows, which will certainly never happen).

I know I would end up with more POTC PF's than any others in my collection... and that is scary considering all of the different movies I'm a fan of!

I would also have to say that a Dark Shadows PF would be sweet... My Mom used to love that show so much, she'd always sit me down and have me watch them with her. :D

Collector Freak said:
Wow. That stuff isn't overpriced at all.

I don't know, I think that $1900 is a steal...

:rolleyes:

Obviously, the framed large canvas pieces are not for everybody. The unframed paper giclees are within the price range that I would consider acceptable for this kind of limited art item. Right at the top, of course, but within the range. I paid close to that for a signed piece out of a limited run of an Alan Lee Rivendell painting and had it framed myself. (Framing ain't cheap! I think I chose the wrong career...) I have seen unframed Star Wars prints go for more than these. THIS ONE was originally $250.

Back