Action Figure Pinhead project - Update 3/3/2013 page 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead project - WIP - Pics inside

Almost done. I ended up reworking the arms a 3rd time.
I'm working on finishing up the detail on the back before I add he neck collar back on. I'm also reworking the notch in his stomach. in these pics it looks like just a V, but I've reworked it to look more like a pulling down of the skin.

Here are some pics I took last weekend. Let me know what you guys think so far.

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

Re: Pinhead project - WIP - Update 6/24 New Pics page 3

Thanks guys, going to try to have pics of the back up this weekend too.

Re: Pinhead project - WIP - Update 6/24 New Pics page 3

Looks good... I was just looking at my pinhead sculpt and wondering if there were any updates on the costume :rock :rock :rock

Re: Pinhead project - WIP - Update 9/13 page 3

Hi all, just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know I've ordered the mold for the outfit. Hopefully it will be here some time next week. I'm still making some small changes/adjustments here and there while I'm waiting for the mold to get here.

Re: Pinhead project - WIP - Update 9/13 page 3

So here is a long over due update :slap

I haven't been posting many updates but I have been working on the outfit and I'm happy (and terrified) to say that the sculpt is done and I have began to mold the outfit. It hasn't been easy finding time to finish this but the end is near for anyone that has been waiting.

Here are a few pics of the outfit before and during molding. It's hard to see some of the detail like the skin lines on the pulled out skin flaps due to using my cell to take the pics.

Let me know what you guys think!

outfit6.jpg

outfit7.jpg

outfit8.jpg

outfit9.jpg

outfitmold1.jpg

outfitmold2.jpg

outfitmold3.jpg

Re: Pinhead project - Outfit Molding - Update 2/10/2013 page 3

Wow! That looks amazing! So, there is no problems with the articulation with the suit on?

Wow! That looks amazing! So, there is no problems with the articulation with the suit on?

Thanks crue! There should be no issues with articulation. The suit, when cast, will be thin and very flexible.

Wow, this is freakin awesome!!!

Looks great,man. Looking forward to the final product. You are going to do the lower half of the outfit as well, right?

Thanks all!

TheFiend- yes, the lower half will be cast in the same material as the upper half to ensure a unified color/look for the whole outfit. Pics of the lower half and the torture tools will be coming after I get the mold finished.

Very excited to see more progress on this... I need to bust out that Pinhead sculpt and get painting :lol

Had some trouble with the support shell the other day. Will be working on getting that done this weekend. Then it's time to cast the outfit!

Looking forward to seeing the head painted up. I still need to paint mine!

Re: Pinhead project - Outfit Support shell - Update 2/18/2013 page 4

Just a quick update. The second side of the support shell is on and curing right now. Pics below

outfitshell1.jpg

outfitshell2.jpg

No idea what's going on here... but it's progress and I like that :lecture

lol, here is a quick run down.

The rubber mold was brushed on and when I remove the sculpt the rubber mold will be very flexible and not hold it's shape. So, I'll hold the rubber mold in it's shape then put this "fiberglass like" shell back on. Wrap a few rubber bands around it and some clamps then it will be ready for casting. If I pour the rubber latex in the mold without the support shell it will bend out of form and not hold the right shape.

Aha, that makes sense... thanks :duff

Back