Pics of Watcher in the Water

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord!!!

On ebay, or a local pick up. That is the best deal i have ever heard of. Conrgats for sure!

You definalty got the seller when he was asleep at the wheel.

Oh, do tell us the story, wont you?

A lokal pick up. I just phoned him and asked him what he wanted for it.

I thought 70 Euros wasn't bad... :D

He had just two statues, actually his wife bought them, and you know; kids and things like that.

In fact, he was surpriced I wanted it for 70 euros... :rotfl

I saw that on ebay, I was watching it because I was interested in what it sold for, thats a good deal.
I did miss out on a pretty good deal about 2 weeks ago, a Gandolf on Shadowfax statue went for $112 bucks if I recall correctly. I also missed out on a Minas Tirith from the DVD collectors edition, I just bought one for 26 bucks, and of course, one new in the box goes for a Dollar a couple days after I buy one :banghead

$112.50 to be exact!!!! :D

Ol' Took scored one! Its a great statue too if youdont have one!

Been 2 years since I had some new poly, so I'm lovin it!

Oh how I love Weta!!!

still at $400 with one day to go and 0 bids, just incase you wanted to know :monkey3

I PM'd the guy and asked if it was mint condition, he said its new in box, never displayed, and he DOESNT SEE anything wrong with it, which I am thinking means "Yea, something is broken, or chipped, and I DIDNT SEE it, so I didnt put that part in the auction". Then when it arrives the box goes chicka-chicka! like a maraca from all the pieces broken off inside.
Maybe Im just paranoid but I have gotten 2 pieces off Ebay that have been broken, its very disappointing. He should have said, "I have inspected it, and there are no breaks, chips, or cracks" not "I didnt see anything" that would have made feel a whole lot more confident in attempting to buy it. Especially from a Zero Feedback Seller.

Last edited:
I PM'd the guy and asked if it was mint condition, he said its new in box, never displayed, and he DOESNT SEE anything wrong with it, which I am thinking means "Yea, something is broken, or chipped, and I DIDNT SEE it, so I didnt put that part in the auction". Then when it arrives the box goes chicka-chicka! like a maraca from all the pieces broken off inside.
Maybe Im just paranoid but I have gotten 2 pieces off Ebay that have been broken, its very disappointing. He should have said, "I have inspected it, and there are no breaks, chips, or cracks" not "I didnt see anything" that would have made feel a whole lot more confident in attempting to buy it. Especially from a Zero Feedback Seller.

Thats a damn shame. Sorry to hear it.

I got a KotD statue that was all busted up - I know how much it sucks!

Yeah, I was cheated once, a RWOS with the ears broken off and glued together, and other, smaller, damages, I know what it's like... :monkey2 :mad: :emperor

Why can't those people just say: "it has some small damages" instead of deceiving someone??? :confused:

Thats what I got that was broken in a million pieces, the King of the Dead statue, it seems like the packaging wasnt very good on them, the figure had a chance to actually bang against the base while being shipped, it smashed the hell out of the bottom of the figure, broke parts of his cape off all over the place, and made a bunch of rub marks all over the base. I was SO bummed when I opened the box.

I emailed him also and he said that it was mint with no problems and in perfect condition. I've bought from people that were new and "0" feedback with no problems before. I understand the concern but he may be a good, honest person also. Besides if the pieces show up broken you should be able to dispute it with paypal or shipping insurance, or even your credit card company...I've had to do that once or twice before and It always ended in my favor, but maybe I was just lucky...:monkey1

I emailed him also and he said that it was mint with no problems and in perfect condition. I've bought from people that were new and "0" feedback with no problems before. I understand the concern but he may be a good, honest person also. Besides if the pieces show up broken you should be able to dispute it with paypal or shipping insurance, or even your credit card company...I've had to do that once or twice before and It always ended in my favor, but maybe I was just lucky...:monkey1

sorry to hear about your about them tricksters out there, that always sucks.:banghead:banghead:banghead

Yeah, I was cheated once, a RWOS with the ears broken off and glued together, and other, smaller, damages, I know what it's like... :monkey2 :mad: :emperor

Why can't those people just say: "it has some small damages" instead of deceiving someone??? :confused:

Fortunately for Took, the seller helped with the claim and I got my money back.

But I am inclined to think that he broke it before, put it up for sale and shipped with insurance, to blame the USPS for the damage. I'm sure theres alot of that going on. That way he gets the desired value for the statue and gets paid, the buyer gets their money back and gets paid, and Ol USPS takes it in the shorts.

Back