Phillip Seymor Hoffman found dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sucks what drugs can do to people. I loved him in Boogie Nights. Probably my favorite performance of his.

Jason Bateman once said his friend told him that heroin is like god petting you. So yeah, probably hard to get off the shyytt. (and he probably had the best shyyt.)

RIP

Fame & fortune obviously was not enough for him.

220px-Long-term_effects_of_heroin.png

220px-Short-term_effects_of_heroin.png

Just say no kids.

I didn't read too many people pointing out the inherent dangers of driving high-performance sports cars at speed when Paul Walker died. Somehow when it comes to illicit drug use everyone's a health or moral authority.

I didn't read too many people pointing out the inherent dangers of driving high-performance sports cars at speed when Paul Walker died. Somehow when it comes to illicit drug use everyone's a health or moral authority.

paul-walker-crash-1.jpg

The inherent dangers of driving high-performance sports cars at speed.

Amazing actor one of the best ever. Shocking sad and tragic loss. He will be really missed by the world

Maybe because Walker wasn't directly responsible for his death, while PSH was?

Counting down to the 25 inevitable PSH interest threads in 5...4...3...

Maybe because Walker wasn't directly responsible for his death, while PSH was?

Counting down to the 25 inevitable PSH interest threads in 5...4...3...

Walker got into the car, so there was a calculated risk there. Seymour Hoffman put a needle in his arm, a different sort of calculated risk. But it's not just this instance, it's everywhere: a mountain climber dies, or extreme sports junkie meets their end, and it's rightfully seen as a tragedy by many. But someone OD's and a lot of people are quick to moralise or judge it as being the dead person's own fault. It becomes even more disappointing when money is mentioned - as though someone who is wealthy is less deserving of sympathy than an everyman.

I admired Seymour Hoffman for his work, and it's a bit of a bummer that the manner of his death or his financial status should be brought into it. I've read a few interviews and he seemed like a guy who loved his work and took it very seriously. I wish I'd got to see him on stage, apparently his performance in Death of a Salesman was brilliant.

Last edited:
Yeah, well said, Lejuan. There is a certain schadenfreude some like to indulge in when another person OD's, it seems.

I'm surprised studios don't have a some kind of self-harm clause in contracts, maybe they do. I guess it would be hard to say what all that encompasses though.

But they could probably do drug tests while under contract. Sucks having these actors die mid projects. Must be a nightmare for studios.

Back