REVIEW: PHICEN Limited's "NINA VER 1.0"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
This is my review for PHICEN LIMITED’S “NINA VER 1.0”.

I apologize for the less than stellar pictures. I purchased my “NINA VER 1.0” figure from Chad @ SMcG Customs. This is the first PHICEN figure for my 1:6 collection. Over the past couple of years, I’ve heard & read a variety of pros & cons regarding PHICEN’s seamless body design. I’ve had discussions with a few collectors including Chad who was one of the early adopters & supporters of PHICEN LIMITED when they came into the 1:6 hobby.

I purchased “NINA VER 1.0” because it’s clearly obvious that she is inspired by the femme fatale “Nina Williams” from the TEKKEN video game series. “Nina Williams” has always been one of my favorite femme fatale video game characters and I was ecstatic when she received the 1:6 treatment as an unofficial homage from PHICEN LIMITED.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Let’s start with the display box. The display clearly evokes to a degree the same design & style used by BBI/TAKARA TOMY for their CY GIRL/COOL GIRL figures, but in a more collector friendly & efficient manner. The contents slip out from the inner box very easily and as you can see the presentation of the display box and the interior contents are clean and efficient.

“NINA VER 1.0” is sparse when it comes to accessories. She comes with a pair of flat/relaxed hands (already connected), a pair of .45 pistols (with removable clips), & a pair of pistol gripped hands. The .45 pistols are of average quality with a functional slide, but the upper slide assembly is completely removable and fits loosely. The pistol gripped hands are in a firm, but pliable soft plastic and holds its form/shape fine.

Given the character of “NINA VER 1.0”, the accessories would not be a primary the selling point of the figure, but the figure and the outfit itself. The head sculpt is pretty much par with the production/prototype photos we’ve seen. The paint application on the head sculpt is very good and I can’t find any faults thus far. The hair rooting is very good. Like any type of rooted hair head, it had a few strands of loose hair at first, but easily fixed. The consistency & pattern of the hair rooting is well done without any thin areas of rooting or inconsistency which in my opinion really counts.

The outfit design for some may not be much to look at, but this is “Nina Williams” and she is wearing one of her signature outfits which she is known for. The design of the outfit is well done and fits the PHICEN medium bust body nicely. The tailoring is excellent from what I can find & see with no visible sewing flaws or inconsistencies.

As for the body itself, I believe the body design/type is possibly same one used for their last release/outing (i.e. base body) and not the new upcoming revised design. Since this is my first PHICEN figure, I’ve had some reservations, but I decided to take a leap of faith. I didn’t attempt to pose mine in the same types of pose as the ones demonstrated by PHICEN for obvious reasons (i.e. fear of breakage damage), but I did manage to adjust the posing of the arms at the elbow and shoulder very gently along with adjustments to the hip and leg placements. I feel that I’ll be able to try different articulation poses over time as I get more comfortable (or is it brave) in proper posing of the figure.

The figure is retailing for approximately $100.00 USD depending on the retailer. Is she worth the price? That really depends. If you’re already familiar with the PHICEN body and had good experiences with them, then it’s a no brainer. It’ll be another great addition to your 1:6 collection. If you’re brand new to PHICEN and willing to take a chance, then it’s probably a good fit for you. If you’re into 1:6 female figures and know the character of “Nina Williams”, then DUH!

“NINA VER 1.0” is a nice addition to my 1:6 collection and I feel I got my $ worth. My only reservation about the figure is the body design & articulation given’s PHICEN’s track record, but I’ll chalk that up to my hesitation & reluctance. I wish PHICEN would have produced & released the head sculpt and outfit as a standalone release for collectors like myself to use on a 1:6 female base body of our choice, but I feel that getting “NINA VER 1.0”/”Nina Williams” as a boxed figure is more convenient in terms of 1:6 gratification.

I think she looks good.

<3 Tekken, wouldn't mind seeing a series of figures from the game tbh, theres quite a few I'd like to get.

If they do Anna Williams I would definitely buy her. I prefer her over her sister ;) Figure looks like it came out nicely.

I think she looks good.

<3 Tekken, wouldn't mind seeing a series of figures from the game tbh, theres quite a few I'd like to get.
--

From my understanding . . . there may be another version of "Nina"; otherwise, why would they call/name this "NINA VER 1.0"?

If they do Anna Williams I would definitely buy her. I prefer her over her sister ;) Figure looks like it came out nicely.
--

If "NINA VER 1.0" sells well . . . I personally hope that PHICEN will at least consider more female figures to be inspired by the femme fatales from TEKKEN.

:)

Nina's my main character in the Tekken series, while I'm kinda tempted to get this, the body is kinda tacky looking and the sculpt is too generic.

Nina's my main character in the Tekken series, while I'm kinda tempted to get this, the body is kinda tacky looking and the sculpt is too generic.
--

SO FAR . . .

The body is not "tacky". It doesn't feel "tacky" at all unlike earlier "bendy"/"gumby" body designs.

In person, the head sculpt is quite good. I've been watching a couple of online videos showing how to properly handle/pose the PHICEN body so can fully pose the figure more for action poses.

--

SO FAR . . .

The body is not "tacky". It doesn't feel "tacky" at all unlike earlier "bendy"/"gumby" body designs.

In person, the head sculpt is quite good. I've been watching a couple of online videos showing how to properly handle/pose the PHICEN body so can fully pose the figure more for action poses.

That's good to know. Maybe I will pick this up sometime in the future. Any tips on styling the hair? It looks all over the place.

That's good to know. Maybe I will pick this up sometime in the future. Any tips on styling the hair? It looks all over the place.
--

Mine was fine and not in disarray.

I recommend using a spoolie (found in the cosmetics area of any store) to gently brush/glide the hair if styling is needed.

I heard that Phicen bodies have that certain flabby arms due to posing overtime, is this true?

Btw I already have 2 Phicen bodies, no issues so far but then again I barely pose them.

Decent seemless body but why does it have a weird matte finish?

I think it's the lighting, I have the same issues with the body in front of a camera. I love the Phicen bodies, I think I'll never get a 1/6 female figure without considering a body swap again. :lol

Back