Phicen: 1/6 SHI 死 (PL2014-71#)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most memorable crossover for me was SHIxGRIFTER. Art by no less than Jim Lee and Travis Charest :)
I bought the first issue just for Charest's art, unfortunately the other artist in the issue was abysmal by comparison. I recently found a Charest & Hubbs B&W image from the second issue on pintrest that I repined:
View attachment 146007
I can't get enough Charest B&W comic art pages.

That looks good. Dated, but for its price I think it's good. How's the suit holding up, though? I try to stay away from pleather whenever there's an option. And I agree with bunnyfreakz -- I wasn't expecting this to be below $150. Specs say that it's using their stainless steel-reinforced body, which is much more expensive than their regular seamless which is what Phicen used for their Lady Action. Their regular costs +/- $80, while the one with stainless skeleton is already +/- $100, if I'm not mistaken. Considering that, and the costume, accessories, licensing, and 2 great headsculpts this set has, I think $170 is alright.

The suit on my Shi is fine although I have seen deterioration on one of my Cy Girl figures (just one of the boots on AJ Mcleod), but the Shi figure is in perfect shape. If you're worried about pleather deterioration, why not the deterioration of the seamless body? That's unfortunately just as common a problem.
And I'm just old school 1:6, I'm still not use to current prices. $120 would be reasonable to me, but I'm uninterested in having two Shi figures on the shelf.

I bought the first issue just for Charest's art, unfortunately the other artist in the issue was abysmal by comparison. I recently found a Charest & Hubbs B&W image from the second issue on pintrest that I repined:
I can't get enough Charest B&W comic art pages.

The suit on my Shi is fine although I have seen deterioration on one of my Cy Girl figures (just one of the boots on AJ Mcleod), but the Shi figure is in perfect shape. If you're worried about pleather deterioration, why not the deterioration of the seamless body? That's unfortunately just as common a problem.
And I'm just old school 1:6, I'm still not use to current prices. $120 would be reasonable to me, but I'm uninterested in having two Shi figures on the shelf.

One can never get enough CHAREST art! Too bad his speed tend to land him only cover projects.

Anyway, you've got a point with the body. However, I have a few rubber-bodied figures and they seem to hold out fine throughout the years, while I have a few with pleather parts (belts, holsters, etc) and as of my last cleaning I noticed that some of them have started flaking.

One can never get enough CHAREST art! Too bad his speed tend to land him only cover projects.

Anyway, you've got a point with the body. However, I have a few rubber-bodied figures and they seem to hold out fine throughout the years, while I have a few with pleather parts (belts, holsters, etc) and as of my last cleaning I noticed that some of them have started flaking.
I think Travis likes the type of work he does now. He prefers more fully realized/painted images to typical comic line art, which I'm sure takes a long time to complete.
Sorry to hear about the flaking/breaking down of the pleather. Yeah it's weird one boot on a figure is fine, the other isn't doing too well and they've been stored side by side. And I do have some other pleather stuff from other manufacturers also flaking off. Yet most of the rubber bodied figures I own are fine despite being notorious for deterioration. I'm still hesitant to really pose these type of figures though.

amiami usually offer great prices on products from Japanese companies but Phicen is based in mainland China
also the low yen exchange probably has something to do with it too

Hmm. I've heard of her, though I never read her comics. She's a pretty sweet looking figure. I bet she'd look pretty nice on my shelf next to The Crow. Or maybe just put her on my villains shelf to spruce it up. $176 though...that's a lot for a figure based on a character I don't care about.

BBTS has PoL and there's no need for a prepayment or deposit which makes things easier. With so many great things at such high prices, it's also getting harder to commit so early without risking something more wanted popping up.

Mmmm kind of want that kimono. Wish it had tabi socks and geta and not freakin' pink high heels though. Unless that's based off some original design or something.
It's probably due to the SS body having permanent molded high heeled feet. To try to add tabi/geta combo on it would look awkward and weird to say the least. Also the problem with SS bodies is that they cannot stand on their own without a stand or support. The feet are wibbly-wobbly rubber with a tiny metal plate used as the feet's base.

It's more "realistic", but can get tacky if handled a lot. Corn starch is an easy fix and what they're powdered in.
I use baby powder on mine and it seems okay. Also makes it a little easier to dress.

By far, the Phicen SS body is great. I love it despite the flaws it has. Very easy to manipulate and no fear factor involved (unlike their v4 bodies). It also has a little more range of motion over the previous v4 body as well.

Just ordered her from BBTS.
They have her in stock!
Before Alter Ego too!
Usually BBTS gets everything last...lol.
Can't wait to see her.

Oh ****, Shi's in my PoL! That has totally messed my credit card up lol!
I might actually have to cancel the Shadowtrooper from SS.

Phicen doesn't seem to be well represented in the UK.

I can't find any retailers here likely to stock this.

The closest possibility would seem to be All items - Machinegun.fr

Further afield maybe Hobby Link Japan or KG Hobby, who are both good on prices. As yet none of them have it for pre-order.

In the UK, Lair Of The Octopus listed this as being in stock, for £129.99.

In the UK, Lair Of The Octopus listed this as being in stock, for £129.99.

Picked this one up. Pleasantly surprised, very nice figure. Hard as hell to pose and hair is hard to keep tame. Needs stand to pose though. Will throw up pics if I get some time.

got her today, my first license phicen figure. Used to have one of their generic bodies a couple of years ago for Lara Croft custom. This new body is amazing, no guessing on where the joints are. my only gripe is, I wish they had the tabi shoes molded instead of a separate piece, it can easily come off the feet when trying to get a good pose.
shi%20002_zpsliwog6g6.jpg

shi%20001_zps15jz3g5p.jpg

Don't be thrown off by the photo. It's likely due to flash. I've had this for about a week, probably because I got it off ebay. I only opened to take a quick look and it's pretty amazing. the head sculpts are gorgeous and the hair is styles with the top knots. The Phicen body looks very nice, although I'd still like to see them to come up with a couple more style to add to their portfolio -- shorter, African American, voluptuous (not just gigantic boobs). Also the packaging and accessories on this piece are top notch.
Unfortunately since most of the collection is in storage I'm not putting it together for a while. I really don't have time to spend with these things right now, but I may slap it together for a temp setup and to take a few pics. Anyway for anyone considering it is a beauty. I got it for $149 shipped, but I think they've gone up since.
Here's a quick non-flash iPhone snap of the head.

dmb7tc.jpg

Last edited:
Back