Phicen: 1/6 SHI 死 (PL2014-71#)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some could argue that Shi was one of the worst things about comics in the 90's but I'm glad she is getting a figure this good, of the Valiant comics, this chick was one of the coolest characters, better than Lady Death and her big boobs :monkey3 and Shi is sexy in her own way. Those of you that pick this up enjoy :D

The series 1 was an amazing read in my mind. Just wished they would do a omibus getting all the comics in one place

Other version, preorder soon

nycc-phicen-exrep10.jpg

shii 2.jpg

how is the skin texture/quality compare to hot toys skin tone? i only have the Hot toys Amber. really want to order Shi but haven't seen Phicen quality in person. thankyou

Up and preordered before the deathstar killer. It's even cheaper at BBTS, $176.99!

Phicen doesn't seem to be well represented in the UK.

I can't find any retailers here likely to stock this.

The closest possibility would seem to be All items - Machinegun.fr

Further afield maybe Hobby Link Japan or KG Hobby, who are both good on prices. As yet none of them have it for pre-order.

I use to collect her comics in the 90's too.
She had some crossovers too...with Razor I think.
I might have to order this one.

Mmmm kind of want that kimono. Wish it had tabi socks and geta and not freakin' pink high heels though. Unless that's based off some original design or something.

how is the skin texture/quality compare to hot toys skin tone? i only have the Hot toys Amber. really want to order Shi but haven't seen Phicen quality in person. thankyou

It's more "realistic", but can get tacky if handled a lot. Corn starch is an easy fix and what they're powdered in.

I own the original Cy Girl Shi figure. Here's a review by Michael Crawford:
Michael Crawford's Review of the Week
This version has an improved head sculpt and body design but, even though the costume might look more like the comic art, it's inferior to the detail of the Cy Girl costume. And when the original Shi figure only cost $30, it's hard for me to fork over $160 for this.
Maybe I'll just buy the new body and head to upgrade the Cy Girl figure.

Said old figures superior is kind of understatement, new one is obviously better despite not quite accurate cloth

You cant compare old stuff that comes out 10 years ago with now, 12 inch price now gradually increased and completely different in market

You maybe want upgrade body and head but phicen seamless body itsself cost $80, you can find headsculpt on ebay for atleast $40 cheapest. Its obviously better you buy entire package so you can have old and new figure on display. Unless you are modder and okay with that

I use to collect her comics in the 90's too.
She had some crossovers too...with Razor I think.
I might have to order this one.

Most memorable crossover for me was SHIxGRIFTER. Art by no less than Jim Lee and Travis Charest :)

I own the original Cy Girl Shi figure. Here's a review by Michael Crawford:
Michael Crawford's Review of the Week
This version has an improved head sculpt and body design but, even though the costume might look more like the comic art, it's inferior to the detail of the Cy Girl costume. And when the original Shi figure only cost $30, it's hard for me to fork over $160 for this.
Maybe I'll just buy the new body and head to upgrade the Cy Girl figure.

That looks good. Dated, but for its price I think it's good. How's the suit holding up, though? I try to stay away from pleather whenever there's an option. And I agree with bunnyfreakz -- I wasn't expecting this to be below $150. Specs say that it's using their stainless steel-reinforced body, which is much more expensive than their regular seamless which is what Phicen used for their Lady Action. Their regular costs +/- $80, while the one with stainless skeleton is already +/- $100, if I'm not mistaken. Considering that, and the costume, accessories, licensing, and 2 great headsculpts this set has, I think $170 is alright.

Most memorable crossover for me was SHIxGRIFTER. Art by no less than Jim Lee and Travis Charest
I think I have those in storage somewhere. Can't even remember what the story was about. I guess I liked the artwork or something, plus I think I thought Grifter was pretty cool way back when. Never really got into Shi. I think this figure keeps my attention because of the Zhang Ziyi sculpt. Phicen doesn't really have the best paint app on their sculpts though, so who knows how the sculpt will turn out.

Back