Phantasm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like the first one best overall but I think Phantasm 2 is a little funner to watch if that makes sense.

That's so awesome. Congrats my friend.

2 has definitely a lot more humor than the first one. first one was just a great 70s style cerebral/lovecraft type horror rather than "in your face slasher" horror, i love both genres but something about the style of the first one just seems almost hypnotic and has great atmosphere.

thanks man, meeting him was just a "WOW" experience and i had a retarded grin on my face until my face hurt hehe

i love the entire series. they aren't films that will change the you feel about life, but they are great entertainment imo.

last year i had the privilege to meet angus scrimm and he was beyond awesome. unlike most celebrities you meet, he was interested in hearing about his fans rather than talk about himself.

8433188053_8e15c3d0e6.jpg

That's awesome. He always struck me as a very nice and gentle man from interviews I've seen of him.

Whilst they still have a mystery about the Tall Man and his helpers theres always a story to tell,as soon as you know why, how and where all this is happening is the day it becomes boring and like every other horror franchise.

Plus Reggie Bannister is just brilliant.....

That's awesome. He always struck me as a very nice and gentle man from interviews I've seen of him.

he's an exceptional person. at the age of 86 he sat in that chair 8+ hours a day signing autographs and talking to us boring people about things we wouldn't even care about. i talked to him for about 20 minutes and he was in no rush to get away, and then i went back later when there was no line up and we talked for another 40 minutes about film/horror and how he came up with his stage name. i really hope to see him again one day because he's just so easy going and so much fun to talk to (and i want the other 3 film posters signed) :D

Just a reminder that Phantasm II is hitting Blu-ray on the 26th. Can't wait for it :cool: Wonder how fans here rank the series in order of preference? I rank them as:

I love them all though, a quality series for sure.

4 seems to divide a lot of fans. I myself quite liked it, I liked the return of the darker tone of the first two and how it was more cerebral.

P2 is turning 25 tomorrow, anybody else watching? I'll try to if I can squeeze in the time. Hard to believe it's that old already.

Can't believe this thread is still here nearly three years later, how time flies.

A fifth film called Ravager is supposedly coming out sometime in 2016. The trailer hit the internet in 2014. It looks somewhat low-budget from the footage released so far but nonetheless quite awesome.

On top of that none other than J.J. Abrams (a long-time fan who also named the character of Phasma in The Force Awakens as a direct homage) is assisting with a 4K restoration of the original. Hopefully the other films get the 4K treatment as well.

This hit me hard when I found out. Scrimm was a wonderful human being and he will be sorely missed. Hopefully, J.J. Abrams can get a little more involved and push the release of Ravager along a little quicker now to honor Scrimm.

I just saw a newly released blu Ray with some sick cover art. And being a huge horror buff I've heard about this movie 1000 times and I've never taken the time time to watch it. I guess it's a perfect time to watch it to honor the actor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back