Phantasm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow Master

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone here a fan of the Phantasm series? This is my personal favorite Horror series and one I feel is very underrated and overlooked, deserving more recognition. I also feel it's a rare series where every entry is very good. I think the best entry is Phantasm II, but all four are really good. I'd rank them in my order of preference:

Phantasm II
Phantasm
Phantasm IV: Oblivion
Phantasm III: Lord Of The Dead

Oblivion is an entry that seems to polarize a lot of fans, but I liked it a lot and enjoyed it for it's weirdness. I still hope one day we get a fifth entry made to epicly conclude the saga.

Any other Phantasm fans?

I like the fourth one, it's different from the others and weird, but still cool.

I agree Phantasm II is great. I now happily own all four movies on DVD and definitely cherish Phantasm II being in my collection :)

I need to give part 4 another try. Something didn't click well when I first saw it a while back. Number 1 is the best in my book part 2 was ok and part 3 was more fun.

Be nice to see another, but I remember talking with Angus last year at Monstermania and he said that there was no talk about making another one. Very good guy to meet in person. Plus he's not getting any younger, be hard to see another without him in the role.

I can't imagine anyone but Angus as The Tall Man. Hope 5 gets made while he's still alive.

The original Phantasm is one of my favorite horror movies. I love the pre-Nightmare on Elm Street dreamy quality to it, you're not quite sure what's real and what's not.

II is fun.

III is watchable at best, and IV is atrocious.

Original only! It was an awesome grim tale.

The second one had a lot of potential to be another "EvilDeadII" and wasted it for nothing.

Don't care about the rest. Don't wanna even try to watch 'em.

The original Phantasm probably ranks in my Top 10 favorite horror movies. Phantasm 2 is great too and easily my favorite of the sequels. 3 was fun but suffered from being too comical at time imo. OblIVion was watchable but wasn't great.

The first PHANTASM is one of my top two favorite movies of all time. To me, Michael was always the star so I was annoyed as later movies didn't make him the focus.

I enjoy all four movies just because I am such a Phantasm nerd to various degrees. The cut footage from the first movie turning up in part four and seeing them young again was so trippy, I really like it for that even though the movie itself isn't that great.

I too want a resolution to the series but most of the cast are so frickin' old now (laugh). They never did reveal what that secret little filmshoot with Reggie in the woods was about a few years back various sites had reported on.

Watched the first one as a very young child.
Needless to say, this movie scared the ____ out of me and have no need to watch any of the sequels. :lol

The sequels are good fun, definitely give them a look. They actually build up on the storyline and don't just simply rehash the first one.

I wish there was :(

I'm glad to see other fans here, this series definitely doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Part 2 is my favorite for sure. Classic.

Part 1 is the only other one I really enjoy too. The music for both is awesome and flying weapon spheres...nuff said. :)

I met The Tall Man last year and he was awesome to talk to. Really appreciates the movies.

A heads up to Phantasm fans here that Phantasm II is hitting Blu-ray on March 26th and it's looking pretty loaded in terms of special features:

- Audio Commentary with director/writer Don Coscarelli and actors Angus Scrimm and Reggie Banister
- “The Ball is Back!” Documentary – featuring new interviews with writer/director Don Coscarelli, actors Reggie Banister, Angus Scrimm, Paula Irvine, Samantha Phillips and more!
- Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: Makeup Effects
- Vintage Behind the Scenes footage: On the Set
- “The Gory Days with Greg Nicotero” Featurette
- Deleted Scenes from archival film elements from Don Coscarelli’s archive
- Additional Scenes – alternate takes and deleted gore footage from the workprint
- Original TV Spots
- Trailers for Phantasm , Phantasm II & Phantasm III
- Still Galleries (Behind the Scenes , Makeup Effects , Hollywood Premiere )
- Rare short film starring Rory Guy (aka Angus Scrimm) as Abraham Lincoln

Looks awesome. Can't wait to own this. Kind of amazing how Phantasm II took so long to hit DVD over the past decade and now it's coming to Blu-ray as a jammed Special Edition. It definitely deserves it though as IMO it's the best of the series. Does anyone else like it the best?

i love the entire series. they aren't films that will change the you feel about life, but they are great entertainment imo.

last year i had the privilege to meet angus scrimm and he was beyond awesome. unlike most celebrities you meet, he was interested in hearing about his fans rather than talk about himself.

8433188053_8e15c3d0e6.jpg

A heads up to Phantasm fans here that Phantasm II is hitting Blu-ray on March 26th and it's looking pretty loaded in terms of special features:

Looks awesome. Can't wait to own this. Kind of amazing how Phantasm II took so long to hit DVD over the past decade and now it's coming to Blu-ray as a jammed Special Edition. It definitely deserves it though as IMO it's the best of the series. Does anyone else like it the best?

I still like the first one best overall but I think Phantasm 2 is a little funner to watch if that makes sense.

i love the entire series. they aren't films that will change the you feel about life, but they are great entertainment imo.

last year i had the privilege to meet angus scrimm and he was beyond awesome. unlike most celebrities you meet, he was interested in hearing about his fans rather than talk about himself.

8433188053_8e15c3d0e6.jpg

That's so awesome. Congrats my friend.

Back