Phantasm V Ravager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very cool. Phantasm is my favorite Horror series and I'm so thrilled another is finally happening.

Angus Scrimm looks better in that teaser trailer than he did at a recent signing events where he looked frail.

Requiescat In Pace , Mr. Scrimm:

TallManPhantasm.gif

Phantasm: Ravager

Posted December 15, 2015

On Monday, director Don Coscarelli revealed that both the J.J. Abrams-assisted 4K restoration of his 1979 terror tale Phantasm and the fifth film in the horror franchise, Phantasm: Ravager, will be ready for release next year. So, what can fans of the series – in which Angus Scrimm plays a flying, sphere-assisted evildoer known as The Tall Man – expect from Ravager?

“It’s a swan song to the series,” says Coscarelli, who co-wrote Phantasm: Ravager with the film’s director, David Hartman. “Almost every one of the original cast is back. They’re all great in it. Angus Scrimm is magnificent. There’s some new iterations of those brain-shucking spheres and a lot of good struff that the fans will enjoy. It ties up a lot of the storylines and answers some questions that fans have had.”

The filmmaker also promises that the film will include an extended sequence set on the Tall Man’s planet. “What’s really cool is, with the rise of the Internet over the past few years and going to the conventions, myself and my collaborators, and David Hartman, the director on it, we’ve been listening to the fans,” says Coscarelli. “They have always said, ‘Well, what about the Tall Man’s red world? What’s going on there?’”

Finally, the director is considering the possibility of releasing Phantasm: Ravager and the restored Phantasm as a theatrical double bill. “I think maybe the best way is to put both of those movies out and show them together,” he says. “We’ll come up with something special.”

source

tumblr_mngouyOmBz1r3pz69o1_500.gif

__

So sad. Scrimm was one of the best. With J.J. Abrams love of all things Phantasm, he needs to get behind Ravager and help get it out sooner rather than later. It's great to have a 4K print of Phantasm but it would be even greater to have the next and final chapter out there for all the world to see to honor Scrimm and everyone else involved with Ravager as soon as possible.

Stupid Batman V Superman screwing everything up with their dumb use of the 'V' for versus.

I saw Phantasm V Ravager and was like "Who's Ravager?" :lol

Stupid Batman V Superman screwing everything up with their dumb use of the 'V' for versus.

I saw Phantasm V Ravager and was like "Who's Ravager?" :lol

Omg, it was the same with me :lol. It took me a while to figure out the title. "Phantasm 5: Ravager".

No theatrical release?

I'm not really sure. I would have thought that it would at least get a limited one, but I haven't heard or read anything, one way or the other. Personally, I'd much rather get both "Ravager" and the remastered original "Phantasm" on
Blu Ray, but it seems like it's taken "Ravager" so long to get a release that I may break down and get the digital copy of that one so I can finally see it. I can probably hold out a little
longer for the remaster of the original. I still have the Anchor Bay DVD version from a few years ago, and while I'm sure it won't look as sharp as an HD version, it'll do, until the remaster is available on disc.

Back