PF -vs- 12in. : Is it one or the other?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustinLuck said:
Are you trying to say one PF is equivalent to five 1/6 figures?:confused:

I would love to have five different, interesting 1/6 figures that can be posed to interact with each other in a myriad of different poses than a single PF any day.

And I would take one PF over any five 1/6 figures. That's why I hope that they continue both lines--to keep all types of collectors happy!

Yeah what he meant is five 12" figures on their base will equal the size of the average PF. GG is obviously a glaring exception. The other exception is height, I have alot of bookshelves with books on them so I can't sacrifice a shelf full of books to give PF Luke more head room, but I can (and did) stick my Jedi Luke there. My solution is to just buy more bookshelves that can display PF's. :lol Another advantage of 12" over PF is you can stick them here and there easier than PFs.

Another reason why Sideshow may want different characters, rather than multiple format of the same character, is that a sculpt, already made, can be utilised later in the other format at a great savings. This can be crucial to production, when the line nears the end of it's licence agreement, and fans are still not satiated. Sideshow are just opening up as many options as they can to deal with as many unseen and unknown eventualities that they know always seem to crop up.

Luckily I collect the Uni Monster PF's, so I get to pose some of my PF's. :D

Actually they've said they aren't going to reuse sculpts from PF to 12". Which I think is good for the most part. I'd like to see different expressions between the 2 versions since I collect both. Although it's going to be tough to beat that PF Obi-wan.

I like that they're not reusing sculpts too, but if it comes down to reusing a sculpt to speed up the process or not getting that figure due to the license ending I'm all for reusing!

Although I doubt this will be a likely occurence.

Sideshow never ruled out doing the same versions of characters in both PF and 12", they just said there'd be a big delay between them (like, a few years). Tatooine Luke and ANH Han are too iconic not to do in the 12" format.

I would like to see SS's 12" version of ANH Obi with a totally different sculpt down the road. I thought that Hasbro did quite a decent 12" version of Sir Alec Guinness's likeness...

PF any day of the week. Quality over quantity.

The 12" pieces are cool but more like toys IMO.

Nothing wrong with that of course. I still own some 12" horror pieces.

I collect both formats. They are both top notch when compairing them to other items of a similar nature. I don't bother trying to compare them to each other because they are just too different. They both are of very high quality especially if you take the time to look them over. I actually think of the 12" as mini-pf pieces. They are both worth the price of admission if you are into SW or LOTR collecting.:chew

For budget and space reasons, I'm going to have to say 12" only for me, since the Sideshow figures are only a part of my collecting habits.
:monkey2 (Most of my money ends up going to the Japanese company Yamato, who puts out extremely high-end Macross collectibles). As is, I just had to purchase a new Detolf just for the SW figs alone. As much as I love the PFs, I just don't see where I could fit them in my office, let alone afford them. Ah well. That's what these boards are for--to look at all your collections and drool. :D :drool :chew

IMO, if cost is a great factor, then I would just stick to 12". The Sideshow 12" lines are good value for money. And if you need to sell off some of them due to some reason, a number of them turn up to be much sought after and valuable in the secondary market and can fetch almost as much as what a PF figure might cost. Not that I'm parting with any of my 12" and PFs, mind you.

jlcmsu said:
They both are of very high quality especially if you take the time to look them over.

I don't think I would spend $65 - $450 without taking the time to look over whatever it is I am buying.

:stick

I collect both, to me the PF line is amazing, while the 12 inch line is ok. It hard to be dead-on in 1/6 scale, so the tend to look more toyish. The last 3 PF's are amazing.

The worst thing about the PF line is the lack of characters, where it's not as big an issue for the 12 inch line. And why I will never understand why SS made 2 Lukes at PF, if that means 1 less PF figure that blows.

But they better make Maul at PF he needs to be made, same with Fett. And alot of others. But characters like Mace can wait for PF.

I keep asking myself when will Sideshow release another PF star wars figure, then I remember that they just released Luke again.

Agent23 said:
I don't think I would spend $65 - $450 without taking the time to look over whatever it is I am buying.

:stick

Not exactly what I meant.:google

NASEDO said:
But they better make Maul at PF he needs to be made, same with Fett. And alot of others. But characters like Mace can wait for PF.

Those two will be made. I think that is a guaranteed to happen. Those are two of the most popular characters in the SW Universe and to not make them wouldn't make sense finanically for the line.

I don't usually look at the pics on the priority pre-order before going ahead and ordering it. Only then do I go back and look at the pictures. I think a lot of people do that.

The PM figures released thus far have mostly been ANH versions. Wouldn't it be rather silly and a huge mistake not to have 12" versions of ANH versions of Luke, Han, Leia, or Kenobi released sometime in 2007 to coincide with the 30th Anniversary of ANH? It would be a huge error on their part not to take advantage of 2007 with 12" figures of the most iconic versions of those characters. I understand the need to space them out but it seems like a wasted opportunity if they don't get these figures (or at least some of them) out in 2007.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't usually look at the pics on the priority pre-order before going ahead and ordering it. Only then do I go back and look at the pictures. I think a lot of people do that.

Yea, I got ya. I did the same when ordering a couple 12" pieces myself. But, afterwards....I did really check the piece out and pictures of it to make sure I want it.

But, at first....you just wanna make sure you get that order in.

:lol

Back