PF stormtrooper/sandtrooper, will we ever see one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetjudge79

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I would love the next PF figure to be a stormtrooper or Sandtrooper, make the exclusive one with a Han or Luke head. Does anyone know what the next one will be aside from Maul??

I don't think anyone knows what it will be other than SS. I think the major question/concern is when they do more amored PF's will they be pollystone or ABS like Fett.

After getting Fett I won't complain if they use ABS for armored PF's only ( I'd rather have pollystone, but I still think Fett is awesome ) , but I know a lot of people will probably pass if it's ABS. I just hope if it is ABS that they adjust the price moving forward.

streetjudge79 said:
...make the exclusive one with a Han or Luke head.

I just got up, so when I first read this, I thought you meant a severed Luke or Han head, like with the various other exclusives (Jango head, Orc head, Luke-in-Vader's-Helmet head, etc.). :rotfl

I think I've heard that the droids are in the works. Is that right? According to some chat or another from wa-a-a-ay back when they first started making them.

I hope we see them soon and if they're ABS so be it. Especially if that means they make it intact to my door.

Monk said:
I just got up, so when I first read this, I thought you meant a severed Luke or Han head, like with the various other exclusives (Jango head, Orc head, Luke-in-Vader's-Helmet head, etc.). :rotfl

I think I've heard that the droids are in the works. Is that right? According to some chat or another from wa-a-a-ay back when they first started making them.

There were apparently talks when the line was first announced and all of those talked about have been made except the droids so it would seem like they should be next. At least I hope they are.

I'm sure we wille see PF Stormies, but it may just be quite a while before that happens.

Darth Loki said:
There were apparently talks when the line was first announced and all of those talked about have been made except the droids so it would seem like they should be next. At least I hope they are.

I would think the droids will be ABS for sure.

KitFisto said:
I would think the droids will be ABS for sure.

I'm not sure why you would think that. I guess it would depend on how they do 3PO. If they make his as one solid piece but with sculpted (not extra pieces) armor, he should be poly. But if they do 3PO like Fett, where his suit is attached, then they may have to. As long as they can make them as nice looking as Iron Man, I won't care what they use.

Darth Loki said:
I'm not sure why you would think that. I guess it would depend on how they do 3PO. If they make his as one solid piece but with sculpted (not extra pieces) armor, he should be poly. But if they do 3PO like Fett, where his suit is attached, then they may have to. As long as they can make them as nice looking as Iron Man, I won't care what they use.

Well, for one I'd expect these guys to have working lights. You're not going to make that happen trying to fish wire through solid pollystone. I guess they could prewire in the mold, but I would doubt it.

I hope not, I couldn't afford it :rotfl

I honestly want to see one soon, I'd love a Stormy PF! Buuuut I want ROTJ Palpatine first!:emperor

KitFisto said:
Well, for one I'd expect these guys to have working lights. You're not going to make that happen trying to fish wire through solid pollystone. I guess they could prewire in the mold, but I would doubt it.

So does that mean Obi and Vader are made of plastic? Last I checked they had wires running through them. Same as the X-Men VS Sentinel.

I never thought about lights with these guys but it would sure as hell be cool. I wonder if they will be delayed though since the life-size versions of these guys can't be too far off.

Darth Loki said:
So does that mean Obi and Vader are made of plastic? Last I checked they had wires running through them. Same as the X-Men VS Sentinel.

I never thought about lights with these guys but it would sure as hell be cool. I wonder if they will be delayed though since the life-size versions of these guys can't be too far off.

Obi has just one light for the saber. Vader has many, but I have no idea if the wires are run through the pollystone of just under the costume.

I would expect C3PO's eyes to light up and for R2 to have a few lights in the head as well. Not sure how they will do it.

Ohh, the Stormtrooper w/ Han/Luke head exclusive is a magnificent idea.

So are the Droids with working lights! I assume they're run next to the polystone figure in the case of Ben and Vader, but just because there's plenty of clothing there to cover them. (Same will be true for Maul.) With the Droids, wires will have to go through the body, so I expect Sideshow to use ABS for both C-3PO and R2-D2. That way they can get Threepio's waist right, too.

But if they do make more ABS PFs, hopefully they will be able to offset the initial cost of the necessary machinery (if not every individual tool) over more pieces, and thus reduce the final cost in some measure.

And, for the record, the remaining PFs from the initial slate are Qui-Gon Jinn, X-Wing Luke, and the Droids combo piece -- as has been repeated so often.

KitFisto said:
Obi has just one light for the saber. Vader has many, but I have no idea if the wires are run through the pollystone of just under the costume.

I would expect C3PO's eyes to light up and for R2 to have a few lights in the head as well. Not sure how they will do it.

I don't really know either but I alwayw thought it just ran throught the polystone since one connection is in the foot and the other in the hand. But I think X-Men VS is a better example since it has many different areas that have lights (and different kinds steady, flashing).

Now that you've brought this up, I may actually be disappointed if they don't have lights :monkey3

Darth Loki said:
I don't really know either but I alwayw thought it just ran throught the polystone since one connection is in the foot and the other in the hand. But I think X-Men VS is a better example since it has many different areas that have lights (and different kinds steady, flashing).

Now that you've brought this up, I may actually be disappointed if they don't have lights :monkey3

You may be right on Vader. I just didn't know how they would do the droids.

I will be disappointed if the droids don't have lights because I've always expected that they would.

KitFisto said:
I don't think anyone knows what it will be other than SS. I think the major question/concern is when they do more amored PF's will they be pollystone or ABS like Fett.

After getting Fett I won't complain if they use ABS for armored PF's only ( I'd rather have pollystone, but I still think Fett is awesome ) , but I know a lot of people will probably pass if it's ABS. I just hope if it is ABS that they adjust the price moving forward.
The thing with Trooper is they have lots of armor and little cloth. I think they could do it like Spiderman make it all poly then put the cloth over the poly where it is needed. Fett was different he had little small peices of armor on a whole cloth suit. Fett and Jango would be the same but the rest of the troopers I think could be done in Poly much easier.

KitFisto said:
You may be right on Vader. I just didn't know how they would do the droids.

I will be disappointed if the droids don't have lights because I've always expected that they would.
I believe that they should have lights. They are very important to the characters...just like the sabers on the others. I could see Sideshow skipping the lights though because of the problems that would arise. Droid lights are going to have to be very technical...blinking, flashing etc. and the X-men piece, to my knowledge, is the only one to undergo such a treatment thus far.

El Roranous said:
I believe that they should have lights. They are very important to the characters...just like the sabers on the others. I could see Sideshow skipping the lights though because of the problems that would arise. Droid lights are going to have to be very technical...blinking, flashing etc. and the X-men piece, to my knowledge, is the only one to undergo such a treatment thus far.

I don't hink the droids need to blink or flash. C3PO just has his eyes that glow. R2 has the half red/half blue light and his projector light unless I am mistaken.

KitFisto said:
I don't hink the droids need to blink or flash. C3PO just has his eyes that glow. R2 has the half red/half blue light and his projector light unless I am mistaken.
I think you are right. I thought R2D2 had more technical lights but I just saw a video and they look pretty simple.

Darth Loki said:
And Qui-Gon and Luke X-Wing too.

Back