PF Batgirl damage...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squiggy0874

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
So... My dog bumped my Batgirl PF statue while I was cleaning her display and ended up chipping part of her mask/cheek area. Really really need some help getting her fixed and Sideshow pointed me in this direction.
So help please?

I'm sorry if this isn't posted in the correct area, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this.

15801351_1307610652594660_1834677366_n.jpg

So thats quite an easy repair so don't worry. Can't tell if the crack is deep from the picture though.

If it is deep, use some modeling putty to cover it up then sand it down after it dries. Use very fine sand paper.

If it is not deep just go over it with sand paper to smooth out the paint chip edges. Again, make sure it is very fine and use a small amount. If your not comfortable doing that its not necessary but it will make it seem like there was never any damage.

For the paint just get some white and mix in black till you get the perfect shade. If its just matte black the use that. Then apply in small amount in layers over and over till it looks perfect (assuming no airbrush is available).

If you want to make it really perfect you can throw on a clear coat after. Cover around the mask with painters tape and spray it on a little. Though I would be careful becasue some painters tape will actually peel off cheap paint.

It's not very deep but it's clearly indented from the mask. I thought about doing it myself but I'm truly not comfortable with attempting to make the repair seamless.
I actually just noticed some discoloration on her chin from hitting the table, if it was just mixing up the darker blue for her mask I would have probably been ok but matching flesh tones is something I am really really not ok with at my painting level.

Back