petition to remove all the people in quality control dept. of HOTTOYS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennkulet

Freaked Out
Reaction score
:slap:slap:slap:slap

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29393&extra=page=1

i don't know about you guys but i'm paying a very high price for this figs not like the 6 inches but lately hot toys doesn't care about the quality of their figures, i think they are focused on sales and the beauty only... and how bout the people in quality control dept.? still singing the tunes despite what happen to im until NOW!!!! do they care about this? i'm really confused but they are the best out there the only problem is the quality control....

One example does not a fiasco make. If you aren't happy then don't buy. The only way to show a company anything is to voice with your wallet of course good luck in getting others to follow suit...

How many folks have had problems with their Mark IV? Haven't heard much in this regard, at least not to the same extent as the recent DX Batman problem. Not enough to start crying about, anyway.

Haha what a joke. If anyone needs their QC looked at recently its Sideshow. I never had any problems with Hot Toys QC. ____ happens so get over it and if you don’t like it just don’t buy from them.

The ONLY QC issue ice ever had with HT is the first mk 3 and fading, since then nothing. Johnyr and the other band of complaining idioyd need to stop collecting HT, because they are clearly incapable of realizing not everything can be perfect all the time, and 200 does not hseinter perfection on a FACTORY produced item, especially whe you factor in paying the staff who design the product, the licensor, the factory, packaging, etc. The cost adds up, just give it a rest, no need to flame HT, their doing a pretty awesome job, no other company out there would ever give you a product from these licenses that's even compareable to HT quality, rant over.

Surely removing all the people in quality control at Hot Toys would mean that even fewer items are checked?

I'm no expert on these things, but my understanding of quality control in any manufacturing environment is that a certain percentage of items that are going out will be inspected for defects.

It is also my understanding that a company will calculate that there are likely to be x% of defects with a product line, and therefore attempt to inspect greater than x% of the products going out. It is therefore likely that the company will pick up most, but not all, defective examples.

The remaining defective items will go out and the company will be prepared to resolve any other examples post-retail. (I am aware of the leaky abs on TDK Bats, but not whether Hot Toys was prepared to replace these for consumers).

I am not rolling in cash - each purchase for me must be carefully budgeted for, like most folks here I'd say. But $150-200 is not a lot of money for what you get in your hand - these licensed figures cost a lot to develop, market, package, produce and distribute. They are expertly crafted, finely detailed works of art that are in the vast majority of cases, manufactured to perfection.

I know it is a bummer for the one person who gets the less-than-perfect figure, but remember that there are nine other people who get an excellent example. I would guess that HT quality control could be favourably compared with any other manufactured product that you care to mention.

When I read the title of this post I assumed it was regarding Sideshow. I had to reread the title as I got confused after I read the content of your OP. :)

Ha ha, hot toys has one of the best QC out there. There is no such thing as a perfect product but theirs come really close. Sure there were a couple that had issues but that's with any company.
My perception with HT is that they are not satisfied until they are the best. I think they take great pride with their product.
Most of my collection is HT and they are all in top shape. No problems, even with my dx bats :)

:slap:slap:slap:slap

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29393&extra=page=1

i don't know about you guys but i'm paying a very high price for this figs not like the 6 inches but lately hot toys doesn't care about the quality of their figures, i think they are focused on sales and the beauty only... and how bout the people in quality control dept.? still singing the tunes despite what happen to im until NOW!!!! do they care about this? i'm really confused but they are the best out there the only problem is the quality control....

I think it's pretty clear by all who have replied thus far,
you are the Lone Ranger that feels this way.

Back