Personalized "Action Figure"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was at a friends 40th Birthday party this past weekend and someone got him as a gift,,,, a personalized action figure. The person that got him the gift apearently sent in a picture of him to the company and they made a figure out of him.. It was pretty hilarious. It even came in a box where it listed all of his favorite hobbies, etc. etc...
Anyone know what company does this? It would be awesome to give someone a gift of an "action figure" of themselves...

Huh. I'm interested to see how much this costs. I've read online about companies doing this, GG will do it for a few thousand....any pics of the figure?

I'd like to know too...that's a great idea! :rock Sideshowpdx I love your sig by the way.....f'n hilarious!!! :lol :lol

I was at a friends 40th Birthday party this past weekend and someone got him as a gift,,,, a personalized action figure. The person that got him the gift apearently sent in a picture of him to the company and they made a figure out of him.. It was pretty hilarious. It even came in a box where it listed all of his favorite hobbies, etc. etc...
Anyone know what company does this? It would be awesome to give someone a gift of an "action figure" of themselves...

Andgor used to do this -- but I've heard horror stories about this company not delivering over the last few years. There's also that woman in China that sculpts heads based on pictures, but she doesn't make full figures.

I'd be really curious where that figure came from. You should have asked.

Andgor still has it's site up - perhaps they've managed to actually deliver something.

Gotta link to Andgor Dave? I googled it and clicked on the site but it said under construction. Or do you know where the company is located? I remember a few years ago I stumbled across a compny that did this that was about 20 minutes from where I live. I just wonder if it is the same place.

I think it'd be awesome to have my own action figure. Agent 004.66. :p

Not much of a help to you guys looking for something now, but this is something I'm looking into doing on a permanent basis. I'm doing a few one off custom sculpts at the moment, working from photographs,with more lined up for next year.... and I've just started sculpting from scratch (as opposed to altering existing heads), and if it works out as well as I think it will, then I'll probably start doing more and more of these....

but because of my workload I won't even be thinking about them until at least next spring. Just thought I'd put my thoughts into the open though.

Andgor is still dormant (I've emailed to ask about heads and got no response); the guy must have free web hosting for the Andgor site.

Ada Chan (wantedyou) is a matter of taste. Some like her celebrity heads, some don't. She charges $199 for an original sculpt, and might sell copies of it later.

The company in question is probably Plastic Earth, which makes figures for photostories in Toy Fare magazine and for the Robot Chicken show. They charge $450 for a 1:6 headsculpt, and $40 for additional copies. They sometimes sell their prototypes on eBay; they sold off a very professional-looking Daniel Craig figure in a box several months back. It wasn't as good a sculpt as Andy's. You can see it on their website, along with several other samples of their work.

Personally, I think it's more fun to attempt to create your own.

stay away from Andgor, even if you get a response. They are legendary. Not in a good way.

I agree, do not touch Andgor with a barge pole, total and utter rip off artists.
Charged me twice for stuff they didn even have to sell, my credit card company got the cash back, but just don't go there, nasty people!

Back